Hi, my name is Kirsten, ask me questions about diet and nutrition — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Kirsten, ask me questions about diet and nutrition

KirstenNutritionAdvisor
KirstenNutritionAdvisor Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
Hi, I'm Kirsten and I am a nutritionist, food psychology coach and founder of The Food Remedy.

I combine my nutritional knowledge with food psychology helping clients understand the link between the food they eat and the thoughts they think. I want to help
 you fall in love with your body again.

Our relationship with food is complex. Because it’s about way more than food. It’s how you feel about yourself. I want you to feed your mind, nourish your body and fuel your soul.

Ask me questions about diet and nutrition now.

Comments

• sammy71
    sammy71 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Kirsten,
    I am mum to a 8yr old girl, since my daughter was around 3 yrs of age he food intake suddenly became a nightmare, before this becam a problem she would eat veg, sunday roast dinners, jacket potatoes with cheese, but for the last 5 years all she eats are beige and cream coloured food for example chips, raviolli, scrambled egg and toast, white rice and popadums and occassional fruit that is her intake. My GP stated "dont worry, by the time she reaches secondry school and sees her friends eating school dinners she will want to join them" GP stated that she was not underweight and i dont need to worry, my daughter has only got to look at new food offered and states she doesnt like it! My daughter has been diagnosed with autism recently and any advice would be much appreciated. 
    Thanks
    Sam
  • Jazzguitar
    Jazzguitar Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    I live in Whitleigh Plymouth Devon. Where can I buy milk?  Neville Pearson
  • Gavel
    Gavel Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Hi Kirsten, we have just joined Scope. It's great to find you on here. We have been following The Wahls Protocol for nearly 4 years and Sue's PPMS has greatly improved. We are gluten, dairy and processed food free and love watching programmes like "Eat well for less." Sue's T2 diabetes has gone and we love the diet which is paleo based. There seems to be a lot of confusion about coconut oil which we use. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks. Martyn.
  • thara
    thara Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi Kirsten!

My boy has a suspected food allergy. What should I do? 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @thara- hope you don't mind me answering but as somebody with a severe food allergy, this is a matter for your GP so they can be referred on for further testing and possible diagnosis. This NHS page may help, too. Wishing you and your boy all the best! 
  • Jazzguitar
    Jazzguitar Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    I am a 63 years old alcoholic  in Plymouth Devon. I am also very forgetful. And I cannot sleep. What should I do? 
  • l88pylo9
    l88pylo9 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have fibromalgia, osteoarthritis, ibs, and depression, the foods I can tolerate seem to change every few weeks, whips is so tiring have tried format, but had bad flare ups of fibro so had to go back to basic diet and start again, help
  • Brummiegirl70
    Brummiegirl70 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi 
    I have several illnesses,
    In which i am supposed to avoid certain foods for each one
    but I am struggling to find a healthy diet to suit all my illnesses
    Which are
    1 .Crohns diesase
    2 . Ulcerative Collitis
    3. Haemochromatosis 
    4. Vitamin D Deficiency 
    I'm finding what i can eat for one illness 
    I cant for the other
    so I'm trying to find a suitable healthy diet for all of them
    please could you offer any advice 
    Thank you 
    brummiegirl 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @Brummiegirl70!
  • vysvader
    vysvader Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    edited November 2018
    Good to see you, adviser : ) Let's start a topic.

You can feel free to get in touch 
  • steven75
    steven75 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi hoping you can help or give me some insight 
    i need desperately to lose weight but everything is conspiring against me 
    I have a few health problem one of wich is type 2 diabetes according to gp it’s looking ok on hb1c but where as when taking my blood glucose it was allwas good at 6,7,8 but feel nauseous and dizzy if go either side of those numbers 
    but now for a few months it’s been raised at 15 and if goes higher nausea sickness 
    one question is how can I go out start to walk to begin exercise shout I have loads of carbs before I go also could it be safe to try a keto diet 
    On top of all this my meds for other conditions cause daily nausea sickness also laboured breathing I do have asthma but the meds seam to make me really hard to breathe at top and bottom range 
    I really need advice how to get weight down and if possible get out walking to help health and weight I realise I’ve dumped a lot in one go in your lap so just one thing would be a start 
    Rob 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    What are the best nuts  to eat and amounts for a healthy heart? As I cannot take statins my body can’t tolorate them haveing tried four different types to lastly a very low dose one 5mg per day.
  • pamla
    pamla Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I'm diabetic type 2 controlled by tablets and I have high cholesterol that is also under control. I'm overweight, paraplegic with limited upper body strength. Also I have diverticuliti diesease, green vegetables and wholemeal start off an ibs attack and I don't eat meat. I'm unable to exercise but would love to find a healthy diet that I can lose weight. I'm a simple plain food eater.
    any suggestions would be gratefully received
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness