SDP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP

Macky47
Macky47 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Hi, can you apply for SDP if you receive contribution based ESA & PIP daily living standard. I live alone, no-one claims carers allowance for me. Thx

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited September 2018
    Hiya I'm afraid No?

As the SDP is dependent on PIP/DLA awards, can you confirm that as long as you have the qualifying disabled benefit (Daily living PIP or middle/high rate care DLA) and that nobody is claiming carers allowance, you also live alone or are in a couple whom both receive the qualifying disabled benefit then the SDP is added to your ESA regardless of whether it's (IR) or (C)?

The Severe Disability Premium can be paid with income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) if qualifying conditions are met. The qualifying conditions are described in the Decision Maker’s Guide. Please see DMG 44071 and DMG 44111 and the succeeding paragraphs to DMG 44111 using this link to the Guide.

Premiums are not payable with contributory ESA. Please see paragraph 44071 
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    This was previously discussed here in Macky47's other thread asking the same question. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/48446/confusing-esa-letter#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    @Macky47 have you filled out the ESA3 form to apply for the Income Related top up? If you have then some have waited 12 weeks to be paid all the money they're owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Macky47
    Macky47 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    I was contacted by DWP 3rd September filled out form over phone, they said it could take 8-12 weeks. I still haven't heard anything from them
  • poppy123456
    It's not been 4 weeks yet. If they said 8-12 weeks then i'm not surprised you haven't heard. They will contact you but it takes time.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.