ESA review report, will I stay in the support group? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA review report, will I stay in the support group?

claireab1988
claireab1988 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I am currently in the support group for ESA and had my review face to face last week. I have received a copy of the report today and I’m not sure if I’m reading it correctly. It states I was found to meet the criteria for limited capability for work and work related activity. Does this mean I will stay in the support group? 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @claireab1988   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and thank you for your question.

I am unsure of an answer to your question. Some one from the community or a member of our team will advise.

Have a look at our ESA information. Under Employment issues, Finances and ESA.  Lots of information, advice, support from members of our community.

Hope that helps.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Care and share.

Please ask if we can help with anything.

Some one will know.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi claireab1988

The answer to your question is probably yes. I say probably because the decision about whether you have limited capability for work and limited capability for work-related activity is made by a decision maker at DWP and not by the person who carried out the assessment.

If you are reading the report from the assessment you attended- called an ESA85 report then this in itself does not constitute a decision. A decision maker will look at the report and make a decision about your entitlement based of the findings contained within the report. In the vast majority of cases the decision maker will fully accept the findings stated in the report, hence why I say the answer to your question is probably yes.

If you are found to have limited capability for work and limited capability for work-related activity then you will be placed in the support group, so if the decision maker agrees with the findings in the ESA85 report you will stay in the support group.

I hope that helps

Paul
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.