Hi, my name is frutcake67! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is frutcake67!

frutcake67
frutcake67 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hey everyone I'm a newbie.... :):)

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @frutcake67
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • frutcake67
    Hi @Ami2301 thank you....I'm 51 years to flipping old, ive got COPD, sciatica, severe depression, trichotillamania ,dermatillomania ,anxiety and agoraphobia ,and I think that's it all....lol 
  • Ami2301
    You're not alone @frutcake67 as many members of the community suffer with the same conditions as yourself and I, sure they would be more than happy to get in touch with you to offer support. Forgive me. I've not heard of trichotillamania and dermatillomania before, would you mind explaining what they are?
  • cats693
    cats693 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Hi Fruitcake, Im cats693 you are not alone, ive suffered with pretty much of the same, took me 4yrs to leave the home and a further 20 or so to get a part time job, which is now driving me to having time off alot, since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia after a viral infection back 2011, makes life harder. I work as  GP receptionist and contry to common believe, its pretty mind blowing.  I'm 63 next April and im done. I trting to get as much information as i can to get out of thishell hole, if you well, then work as much as you like but if your not, get out before it over takes you. Good luck!
  • frutcake67
    @Ami2301 no I don't mind explaining what they are, trichotillamania is a body focused repetitive behaviour and it's where people pull out their hair (eyebrows, eyelashes, head hair etc) I myself pull out my eyelashes, eyebrows and head hair and as a result I've got no head hair, it takes over my life as I can spend anything from 10mins a day to 10 hours pullling, I hope that gives you some insight into it....dermatillomania is the same but it's where a person skin picks.....
  • Ami2301
    Thanks for explaining @frutcake67 :) Can this be triggered by stress?
  • frutcake67
    Hey @cats693,  I have good and bad days, some where I really push myself and can leave the house...Most of my days are the same though, depression sucks you right in, ive suffered with it for near 40 years now, ive not long been diagnosed with COPD so I'm still learning about it all, it's not nice thou....fybro I know is not a very nice thing to have, I guess you just have to go with the flow of it all and rest and take it easy when you can....
  • frutcake67
    @Ami2301 yes it can be, but there can be many reasons for it....
  • Ami2301
    I just wondered as I remember going through an episode of pulling hair out last year when I was going through a really bad time. Thanks again for explaining :)
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @frutcake67, and a warm welcome to the community!

Brightness