Another esa WCA appointment ! Advice please. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Another esa WCA appointment ! Advice please.

Smedley
Smedley Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
I've recently had a mandatory reconsideration decision  in my favour following unable to attend wca appointment due to being housebound with Osteo Arthritis & bipolar disorder - submission of letter from gp triggered support group benefit reinstatement.
Now received another wca appointment so rang requesting home visit. They requested a re-submission of the GP's letter supporting my reasons (as my previous copy would be in some other department now)
So have managed to get a local church minister to send this off for me having taken a photocopy & proof of posting.
My question is - as they have previously accepted this letter as good cause not to attend a WCA appointment,  can I assume then that it will be proof of good cause to warrant a home assessment visit ? 
Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to health assessment providers. They will send a letter with an appointment date/time, where ever that appointment is. If they refuse then If you’re a disabled person as defined by EA10 them ask for it as a reasonable adjustment.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Smedley
    Thank you. I will have to look up the EA10.

If common sense prevailed, one could safely assume that the exact same letter that had deemed proof enough to not attend a WCA at a centre, & enabled a total reinstatement of esa support group benefit, would be again proof enough to warrant the same outcome as previously, surely ?
    What am I missing here ? Or is it their madness not mine ? ???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Smedley said:
    Or is it their madness not mine ? ???
    Definitely theirs. Like i said never assume anything with them. :#
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Smedley
    Thanks so much Poppy. I always find the peeps on here provide quick & sage advice.
    So it's safe to assume not to assume !! 
    Thanks again Xxx ??

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.