Esa update — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa update

Options
ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 177 Courageous
Morning everyone.
Ive been on esa support group now for 3 yrs, im due a review may 2019.
I keep hearing news that the reassesments are no longer happening so what is the truth.
This will be my second assesment. I was due to be reassessed this year but it was put back till next year.
Are the DWP actually stopping the reassesments or are they still going ahead.
Many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,995 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi,

New rules were introduced last year. Those that are currently in the Support Group after their next assessment may get placed into the severe conditions group. If this happens then re-assessments will be turned off and you'll remain on ESA in the Support Group indefinitely, for as long as you need to.

This won't apply to everyone and until you're told then you'll continue to be re-assessed as normal. For ESA you can be re-assessed at anytime, the time they tell you is just a guide and it can be before, after or around that time.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ollieandduke
    Options
    Thanks for the information. If i am reassesd do i have to send medical evidence and if so is it the old evidence as well as the new hospital apptments and evidence
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You will be sent another ESA50 at some point because everyone is reassessed, apart from the ones in the severe conditions group but you have to be reassessed first before being placed into this group.

Yes more evidence will be needed but future appointment dates/times aren't classed as evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ollieandduke
    Options
    Thank you i have a crumbling spine ive been told by the hospital and  my doctor i will never work again. Ive sent this evidence in to dwp i guess its just a waiting game.
    Thank you
  • poppy123456
    Options
    A decision won't be made until your next review.
  • ollieandduke
    Options
    Ive just rang dwp my next review date is may 21st 2019 they say i should get a form in the post march next year xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.