Honesty gets you nowhere! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Honesty gets you nowhere!

Options
Steptoesnag
Steptoesnag Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all 
I'm new here.
I'm 46 and female.

Here's my diagnoses...
ME
Fibromyalgia
Ceoliac disease
Non alcoholic fatty liver disease
Depression and anxiety
And today my doctor diagnosed Osteophytes , osteoarthritis in my spine graded severe.

I have always worked full time until 2017 when I had a nervous breakdown and had to give up my business.

I claim ESA contribution based - support group.
And was awarded standard rate mobility and care from pip after three attempts over three years.
I was only awarded pip a month ago.
I got the diagnosis on my back this morning after years of pain and nerve damage.
I get tingling in my arms,neck,face,numb legs and feet.I have very poor strength and cannot walk any distance without being in pain.I'm even in pain sat down.

I have been told by the DSS that I now have to fill in a new claim and be assessed again!

It's blooming ridiculous I'm no better than I was three months ago when I had the assessment.

I was only diagnosed coeliac three months ago and I'm just getting my head around the gluten free diet.

I'm now worried the DSS will take away my pip if the assessor is different from the last one. The one payment I have had has allowed me to buy gluten free cooking products and employ a cleaning lady and gardener as I can't do these tasks any longer.
Am I justified in worrying?

Thanks x :/

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Oh dear, you've reported a change of circumstances which will always mean them sending you new forms to fill out and return along with all of your evidence, the same as you did the first time. PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily. You really don't need to ring DWP to report something every time a change in medication happens, or you're diagnosis with another condition. As you've done this, the form will need to be returned and another face 2 face assessment is most likely because most people have them. If you need extra time to fill out and return those forms then ring PIP and they give you another 14 days extra. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Steptoesnag, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and sorry to hear about your experiences. I hope the above advice from Poppy is helpful, and please do let us know how you get on: we'll advise where we can.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi all 
    I'm new here.
    I'm 46 and female.

Here's my diagnoses...
    ME
    Fibromyalgia
    Ceoliac disease
    Non alcoholic fatty liver disease
    Depression and anxiety
    And today my doctor diagnosed Osteophytes , osteoarthritis in my spine graded severe.

I have always worked full time until 2017 when I had a nervous breakdown and had to give up my business.

I claim ESA contribution based - support group.
    And was awarded standard rate mobility and care from pip after three attempts over three years.
    I was only awarded pip a month ago.
    I got the diagnosis on my back this morning after years of pain and nerve damage.
    I get tingling in my arms,neck,face,numb legs and feet.I have very poor strength and cannot walk any distance without being in pain.I'm even in pain sat down.

I have been told by the DSS that I now have to fill in a new claim and be assessed again!

It's blooming ridiculous I'm no better than I was three months ago when I had the assessment.

I was only diagnosed coeliac three months ago and I'm just getting my head around the gluten free diet.

I'm now worried the DSS will take away my pip if the assessor is different from the last one. The one payment I have had has allowed me to buy gluten free cooking products and employ a cleaning lady and gardener as I can't do these tasks any longer.
    Am I justified in worrying?

Thanks x :/

This has nothing to do with honesty or even being dishonest.
    You do not have to tell the DWP anything unless it is reasonable to assume that the change of circumstance would result in a reduction or increase of that award.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.