Girlfriend still hasn't received consultation report?! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Girlfriend still hasn't received consultation report?!

PIPnewbie
PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
She had her PIP assessment on Monday the 24th, received a text on Wednesday the 26th saying the DWP have received the report from her consultation, she then phoned on Thursday the 27th asking to be sent it, to which she was told they would send it immediately.

It's now Tuesday the 2nd and she still has not received it.  Is it possible they have not sent it even though they said they would?

Comments

• Saracen
    Saracen Community member Posts: 66 Pioneering
    Hi pipnewbie 
    Allow 10 working days and ring them again.
  • PIPnewbie
    Thanks. Read on here that somebody phoned early in the morning and got theirs in the post the very next day.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,919 Disability Gamechanger
    I have no idea how that person received the report that quickly. The only thing i can think of is that is was sent before it was even requested. Post from DWP can take anything up to 10 working days.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    I had the same trouble, the first one I phone up for never showed and that was over 14 working days so phoned the DWP again and within 3 days a had it through my door.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• PIPnewbie
    I had the same trouble, the first one I phone up for never showed and that was over 14 working days so phoned the DWP again and within 3 days a had it through my door.
    How long after that did you receive your award letter?  Did it match the report?
    edited October 2018
    PIPnewbie said:
    How long after that did you receive your award letter?  Did it match the report?
    @PIPnewbie I rephoned on the Wednesday and through my door on the Friday and the decision letter followed a week later.

Yes mine was a Paper Based assessment and match me 100% spot on I must admit I was just pleased not to be dragged to an assessment and very darn lucky I feel too.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• PIPnewbie
    PIPnewbie said:
    @PIPnewbie I rephoned on the Wednesday and through my door on the Friday and the decision letter followed a week later.

Yes mine was a Paper Based assessment and match me 100% spot on I must admit I was just pleased not to be dragged to an assessment and very darn lucky I feel too.
    Sorry if this sounds thick but what’s a Paper Based assessment?
    edited October 2018
    PIPnewbie said:
    PIPnewbie said:

Sorry if this sounds thick but what’s a Paper Based assessment?

@PIPnewbie No your not being thick lol.

A Paper Based assessment is where they have enough evidence on the CQ claimant questionnaire  and is all consistant on  PIP2 form, also added with consistant medical/functional evidence. Which I had plenty of.

Thus not requiring a Face to Face at an assessment centre or a home visit.

But Paper Based assessment is as rare as hens teeth.

As you you can see I should be a peace for a good while yet.

I hope this answers your question re Paper Based. I wish you well getting your PIP.??
    ⬇️

• PIPnewbie
    edited October 2018
    I'm sorry your condition is so severe that even the DWP didn't dare put you through a face to face.

However, with my girlfriend's conditions; severe Crohn's, four bowel resections, arthritis since 9, endometriosis, fibromyalgia, temporomandibuar disorder, and a list of other conditions and illnesses, in addition to a full A4 sheet of medications, I really thought she would be as well.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,919 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not a diagnosis, that gets an award, it's how those conditions affect you. It's very rare to have a paper based decision. Filling the form in with as much information as possible and sending in evidence that proves beyond doubt that the descriptors apply will give a better chance to having that paper based assessment. Otherwise it's a face 2 face assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PIPnewbie
    It's not a diagnosis, that gets an award, it's how those conditions affect you. It's very rare to have a paper based decision. Filling the form in with as much information as possible and sending in evidence that proves beyond doubt that the descriptors apply will give a better chance to having that paper based assessment. Otherwise it's a face 2 face assessment.
    I did that for her.  I spent about a month writing volumes for each question and how her condition satisfies each of the descriptors we were aiming for, and they wouldn’t even do a home visit for her, despite the application explaining several times that she’s terrified of leaving the home because of incontience, and constantly needing the toilet.
  • KAR
    KAR Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Interesting - a couple of points here. First, in everything I've read, and from the assessor himself, I've been told that the report is not available until after you receive the decision. I then phoned for mine, followed up with a letter (indicating in bold that I had proof of postage) and then had to ring again to ask why there was the delay. I think thay must have a list of excuses to choose from, as Jennifer's answer was that my requesting an audio report had held things up - and she probably chose this one as I had to get her to repeat something at one stage when I couldn't understand her accent. Once I had emphatically denied this, and insisted that she pass on to her manager that he/she should investigate why this inaccuracy had been applied to my record, I then advised her that I'd be expecting it the following day. It actually arrived three days later - 12 days after my original request, and only because I'd persisted in following up. Finally, I fully understand that DWP's emphasis is upon function rather than diagnosis, but surely the two are interrelated? Aren't the functional implications of certain conditions obvious without having to put the poor claimant through all this misery? Not so in my case: I had multiple fractures down my right side in an RTA in 1981, which have caused other problems since. Although I also fractured the femur and knee, the foot is the worst of my problems in terms of mobility; and DVLA has restricted me to driving a converted automatic with my left foot. But, considering the complexity of my injuries, the paramedic hadn't looked at any orthopaedic medical evidence, so disregarded and didn't even record my comments about my foot and, during the 1 minute musculoskeletal examination of all my dodgy joints, didn't actually look at the foot at all. So I've been 'permanently and signifcantly disabled' for 37 years, according to my orthopaedic consultant, but now at 65 the paramedic says I'm ok after all. Funny thing that because, as well as my other disabilities, the foot is still in chronic pain, unstable, and prone to falls such as those which previously fractured my spine, wrist, elbow....... 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.