Esa payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa payments

messedhead
messedhead Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hi guys my 1st post here so thank you for listening to me.

Ok so I'm on esa and have had my face to face for pip 3 weeks ago to the day and I'm waiting for the outcome. I have been on dla for 13yrs due to mental health. If I lost my pip application I know i would get a last payment 28 after my next payment for dla.

So I rewned my esa in August and still waiting for a response from them to say when I'm have a face to face

Once I have my ESA face to face If they found me fit for work would payments stop right away or is there a time frame like on dla.

My head is so over the place at the min and I know I'm over thinking it but with my state of mind I'd like to be some what prepared for the worst outcome.

Thanks for you time and help 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When a decision is made on your ESA if you're found fit for work then your payments will stop straight away. Different to PIP/DLA. Good luck with both!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • messedhead
    messedhead Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Ok thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.