Yippee — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Yippee

meema
meema Community member Posts: 24 Connected
What can i say , finally the dreaded big brown envelope dropped on my door mat this morning.  I have been awarded enhanced mobility and standard living allowance ? i was so sure that i would have to battle through the whole system to get it . Iv been awarded until august 2021 . Although the report was not 100% accurate and things were in it that were never even  discussed and statements of what i do to keep myself occupied was totally fictional . But all in all very happy . Thank you to all you online scope users for your  advice  and support xc

Comments

• yingtong
    yingtong Community member Posts: 37 Pioneering
    Congratulations and well done.
  • meema
    All i can say is what was said to me advice from this site . Take your copy of your pip application form with you to help yoy answer yoyr questions at assesment . Just be honest dont try to exagerate your condition. Ask for a copy of yoyr assesment asap and check whats been written against what was actually said . I got myself into such a state throughout this process was sure that somehow they would refuse my application for PIP and believe me its still not sunk in that i was awarded . But jyst remember its usually only peoples bad experiences that are read as the good experiences dont need anyones help . Good luck stay calm be honest x
  • Awaywithfairies
    Awaywithfairies Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Great to read a happy result for a change. Congratulations and well done.

• Saracen
    Saracen Community member Posts: 66 Pioneering
    Hi meema
    How many points did your copy of the assessment give u ?
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations 
  • meema
    Hi saracen i scord max on disability and 10 on living 
  • meema
    Was surprised as assesor said review in 2 years but my  award says review august 21 so thats 3 years give or take a few months as my claim started 28 march 2018 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    meema said:
    Was surprised as assesor said review in 2 years but my  award says review august 21 so thats 3 years give or take a few months as my claim started 28 march 2018 

That is correct - a 3 year award but will be reviewed after 2. In you case it is likely that you will get the review forms early next year.
  • meema
    Why do they make everthing so complicated . I know that the process of review start 1 year before your award ends so can i expect to recieve my review paperwork around august 2020 ??? 
  • Saracen
    Hi meema
    Thank you for the reply according to the copy of the assessors report he scored me 13 points for the daily living and 18 points for mobility but still waiting for the decision 7 months now its killing me this waiting .but congratulations on your award.
  • meema
    With those points you should be enhanced on both mobility and living . Mine took 6 months so you should hear soon they say 4-6 weeks from when dwp gets your assesment report . Good luck 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    Saracen said:
    Hi meema
    Thank you for the reply according to the copy of the assessors report he scored me 13 points for the daily living and 18 points for mobility but still waiting for the decision 7 months now its killing me this waiting .but congratulations on your award.

@Saracen That amount of points you've got will give you Enhanced on both rates, remember it's up to the DWP decision maker how long, and if to award you, as we all know the decision maker often goes by the assessment report.

It does seems a long time for your decision and I would give the PIP claimline a quick call and ask them if a decision has been made on your claim. It will not cause you any issues in doing this. Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Saracen
    Thank you foryour reply Government_needs_reform I phoned yesterday and they told me no decision yet but he s said it would be backdated which I told him it wouldnt only to the decision date because it was a change of circumstances on my review form and he told me any extra money would be backdated to the first of april even with review which is news to me I wasn't expecting this.
  • Saracen
    Thank u meema worked out its 6 weeks exactly today from my assessment.
  • Saracen
    Sorry its 6 weeks today from the date the dwp received assessors report 7 weeks from assessment
    @Saracen your welcome, okay I was thinking this was a new claim or a review. As it's a change of Circumstances it may well be a little different.

So still haven't made decision? How long does the assessment report say till another review, I'm not to sure about backdating? if it does better for you.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Saracen
    3 years I do believe
  • Saracen
    It was a review but I was advised by cab to tell them of my change of circumstances when I was reviewed it states on the assessors report my condition as been present for 3 months and will be present in 9 months.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
    I understand about the three months and lasting 9 months. That's the criteria to  PIP minimum qualifying period

So assessment recommended a 3 year award and it will of course be reviewed a year before. So all you can do is wait I'm afraid but do let use know how you get on. Good luck.
    ⬇️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.