Gastrointestinal investigation and PIP claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Gastrointestinal investigation and PIP claim

Options
Anthony1987
Anthony1987 Community member Posts: 93 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi  pip have said to me to send in as much evidence as possible i recently had camera done and said everything is okay so they referring me to see Gastrointestinal  but ovb they be waiting list was just wondering has anyone been in this situation as i don't know what eles to tell them as i can not work with my stomach been hard all the time till it gets  sorted out hopefully   as i get lot of shakes  when I'm picking things up or trying to bend to grap thing's  

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You have sent as much information in as you can in the time frame that is available to your circumstances. If your F2F acessment happens before any further evidence comes available you will have to have the acessment and hope, see if your health condition meets the PIP descriptors to be awarded either the standard or enhanced allowance.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Remember that PIP is about how an impairment affects you day to day not about what the impairment is.  You can only send them evidence that you have currently, but also you can explain exactly how this affects you.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi  pip have said to me to send in as much evidence as possible i recently had camera done and said everything is okay so they referring me to see Gastrointestinal  but ovb they be waiting list was just wondering has anyone been in this situation as i don't know what eles to tell them as i can not work with my stomach been hard all the time till it gets  sorted out hopefully   as i get lot of shakes  when I'm picking things up or trying to bend to grap thing's  

What descriptors do you think apply to you? Can you provide evidence to support that?
  • Anthony1987
    Anthony1987 Community member Posts: 93 Listener
    Options
    Yeah I'm on tablets for shaken  still get quite lot shakes like when i have try to  chop up food etc so i had to stop cutting as i have cut my self quite abit with shaking hands and hospital even said I've got lot of shakes and there put down  i my left leg as well i can't pick up anything of the floor without my legs shaking and hands  which the woman put that'd  part at the assessment even when i have wright something in fount of people my hands start shaking so my words are all over the place I'm  seeing community nurses and they sending me to another person 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.