Assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

2»

Comments

• jw0957
    jw0957 Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Hi Poppy 
    advised by agent at Jobcentre that l should request a MR as l feel that the assessor based my results on just one day. Doesnt that just fill you full of confidence...... NOT. The ESA50 form should be clearer and  be more specific of information required and then folk wouldn’t get into trouble by not advising of key factors of their illness/disabilities. Think it should also advised the client that they can go back to the GP for a fit more during the 28 days of which they can request a MR. I have to write a statement (that should be included on the form, I can’t for the life of me think what questions were on mine)and send it all with my details, in a pre-paid envelope so that the MR can be done. I still have the letter from the last time but it needs to be updated with my disability now. Still a lot of undue stress. The form is just not clearer enough on what information is needed, either that or lm just thick ??? my stress level has dropped a tad, but l still need to get sorted with a fit note. That won’t be a problem. I have to say at this point Poppy, l still have allege portion of my hair by coming into Scope and asking questions. Thanks so much for your advice
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A fit note won't help you when you request the MR unfortunately. As you're area is a full UC area then you have 2 options... claim UC and wait 6 weeks for your first payment and you won't be able to go back onto ESA if you do this. Or, don't claim UC, request the MR and wait for the decision of which most MR decisions remain the same, only 17% of them are successful. If the MR decision does change and you are placed back into a group then your ESA will start again, if it remains the same then you request the Tribunal once they have accepted your request you'll be able to go back onto assessment rate of ESA.

The most important question is, have you started a claim for UC?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jw0957
    Hi Poppy
    advice from jobcentre was that l did right to make a claim for UC but it was also ok to request MR as it takes so long for UC to get sorted and that l have time  to appeal the decision. I received 9 day benefit that l was owed due to ESA stopping from 16 Sept. On my form for assessment l also stated that my days vary but l have more days when l can’t cope with pain. I don’t know how the assessor (who was a trained nurse) could base her findings on one meeting. Trained or not, she doesn’t personally know me or any other client so, how can a 0 points be based on that one assessment!!! Beats me, l understand that so many are passed with full points and so many with either 0 or part points. My reasoning as with any potential employer is lm not going to get employed if l don’t know if lm going to be able to go work every day. I’ve gone to work in the past feeling absolutely dreadful, worked a full 8 hour day popping pain meds and still feeling like I’ve been in a mangle. My work suffers and l had to leave my employment after years because l had a mental and physical break down. I’m not exactly the type of employee that employers want am I. It’s depressing to say the least and soul destroying. I’m determined not to go down that dark miserable road again and will reach out for help wherever l can. Thanks to this group l am coping with the current situation a bit better than l have previously and l can’t thank everyone who has replied enough. ☺️
  • jw0957
    Hi Poppy
    advice from jobcentre was that l did right to make a claim for UC but it was also ok to request MR as it takes so long for UC to get sorted and that l have time  to appeal the decision. I received 9 day benefit that l was owed due to ESA stopping from 16 Sept. On my form for assessment l also stated that my days vary but it seems that was disregarded. I need to write a statement as to why l am requesting MR. Would someone be able to help me with this if l can upload a draft?? TIA
  • poppy123456
    HI,

I disagree with the job centre about doing the right thing with starting a claim for UC as previously stated the premiums aren't paid on UC like they were with ESA. Also you won't be able to go back onto ESA even if the MR/Tribunal decision goes in your favour. Once you claim UC there's no way back sadly.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jw0957
    Hi, so what you are saying is that l can’t make a claim if l intend to request a MR? I already did that but have not had any money from them until 1 Nov according to jobcentre 
  • poppy123456
    No that's not what i said. You can make a claim for UC because you already have. What you can't do is go back onto ESA if either the MR or Tribunal make a decision in your favour.
  • jw0957
    Why oh why didn’t the advisor that phoned not tell me this when she phoned to let me know that my ESA has stopped! She did mention a MR but not that it l wouldn’t be able to change from one back to other. In fact she told me squat about it. Just advised me to contact UC to make a claim and that l would have to wait a month or more for a payment!  What was the reason for changing the system that worked and didn’t bring about all this stress and anxiety.???☹️?
  • poppy123456
    The will always tell you what you should do, rather than the options you have. This is why you should always get advice before doing anything. I did advise you a couple of days ago that if you claimed UC then you couldn't go back onto ESA.

With UC handing in the fit/sick note doesn't always guarantee that you'll not have to do any job searches. How many hours they expect you to do will depend on your job coach. If you don't do the required amount of hours per week then they can likely sanction you for not doing it.
  • jw0957
    Poppy lm sorry to say that the application was done the same day. I have already been vicrimt I being left without money in the past and didn’t want to have to go through the embarrassment of food banks. I was mortified the last time it happend and had an emotional melt down which affected my anxiety and sent me spiralling into depression. I swore ld never go there again so did as l was advised. Hells teeth lve done the wrong thing again!!! Now it’s a waiting game to see if l get any money at all. Life sure does like to throw curve balls at the less fortunate of us ??
  • jw0957
    BTW, when l was going to the jobcentre previously, l was asked to look for and apply for at least 5 jobs every week. 
  • jw0957
    Hi
    l know you have said that once applied for UC l can’t go back to ESA. My gp has gone through my medical records and is preparing a report regarding “significant Osteo-arthritis in multiple joints and back” as well as other evidence to back up that lm not fit for work. I have written an statement as to why l think the assessment was unfair and hope that it will be taken into consideration. A fit note that covers me from 16th Sept to 1st Nov will give me enough time to get a copy of hospital medical records regarding my other problems. I will keep updating with why happens so that other who may have the same issues between ESA and UC.
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2018
    Yes, that's correct but it doesn't mean you can't request the MR then Tribunal for the ESA decision. A fit note won't help the ESA MR but you can use it for the UC caim.
  • jw0957
    Thanks Poppy ☺️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.