Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

poppy60
poppy60 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Hi all 
had my pip assessment yesterday my accessor was a lady paramedic.
i have progressive MS and fibromyalgia .
does anyone know how long it takes until dwp get report back ?
She asked me to do some exercises which were painful . I started to cry and she said we need to get this done or you will have to come back . 
I feel a nervous wreck today and worried I will lose my car 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Firstly the accessor had no right to insist you did exercises that caused you pain or discomfort or agrevated your condition, and saying or you will have to come back is a total lie. You can request a copy of your acessment report about a week after your acessment which takes about 14 days to arrive once requested. On receiving you will, should be able to wok out what your award should, will be but you still have to wait for the official award letter notification.
  • poppy60
    Thank you for you reply . Do they send the form the same day as assessment to Dwp ? . She asked me if I speak to my husband everyday . I said of course I do I live with him ?
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I had the same happen to me
    My assessor was a physiotherapist and made me do some things that made me upset. He didnt have  qualms about forcing me to do it. I am really annoyed im a tribunal stage now. I hope you get some good news x
  • poppy60
    I had the same happen to me
    My assessor was a physiotherapist and made me do some things that made me upset. He didnt have  qualms about forcing me to do it. I am really annoyed im a tribunal stage now. I hope you get some good news x

• poppy60
    Thank you how long did it take for you to hear about your pip assessment ? Did you ask for MR x
  • lindadenise
    It took around 7 weeks and i was truly at the end of my teather by that time. I did do MR but still got almost the same conclusion although a different person looks at it.
    I have gone to Tribunal so far waited 19 weeks where i live Surrey. Good luck with yours i hope you dont wait too long. X
  • poppy60
    It’s awful all this waiting x
  • lindadenise
    Its really a long process and stressful.x
  • poppy60
    I have to wait now . I’m not very patient since I’ve had MS . I feel it’s all going to go pear shaped ?x
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    As we say in North Norfolk, 'hold you hard'. No health professional  (and with the assessors) I use that term loosely  should or is permitted to make you do anything that puts your body under undue stress, and certainly not inflict more pain than you were in at the time! If you were enticed to undertake painful manoeuvres on the threat of another assessment, that 'health professional' is in breach of their duty of care  Write everything that happened down  if there was someone with you have them write a statement. Make copies, send one to DWP office that is dealing with your case, and use the European Court of Justice ruling on the infliction of unnecessary pain and the enforced degradation of persons undertaking official medical or psychological assessments. Ahh the beauty of the ECJ, it works for everyone  but not when we leave the EU  Good luck  
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    As we say in North Norfolk, 'hold you hard'. No health professional  (and with the assessors) I use that term loosely  should or is permitted to make you do anything that puts your body under undue stress, and certainly not inflict more pain than you were in at the time! If you were enticed to undertake painful manoeuvres on the threat of another assessment, that 'health professional' is in breach of their duty of care  
    I doubt very much that anybody from the assessor's office will admit anything of that happening. Presumably there is no evidence so it will be your word against theirs'

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.