Hi, my name is simplyme! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is simplyme!

simplyme
simplyme Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi everyone. I've just joined and just checked in to say hello to you all.

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @simplyme
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @simplyme :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • simplyme
    Thank you all for the very warm welcome! I'm a widower and since my husband's death two years ago my health started to decline. I have osteoarasis (not sure of spelling lol) and have two broken hips. I live a very isolated life as I have been rehoused and don't know anybody in the area.
    I used to be a credit controller, but at the moment i am unemployed.As you all know it is a struggle and sometimes things gets too much but one must carry on.
    I look forward chatting to you all soon and again, thank you for the warm welcome.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @simplyme

Good Afternoon & Welcome to our Community.

Please please have a good look ? around.

If there is anything that I can help/support you with please let me know!!!!!!
  • Ami2301
    I'm very sorry to hear this, understand this has been very difficult for you. 

Have you had a look at Meetup? They’re a handy website dedicated to finding local clubs and groups in your area which may be helpful for you.

Are you currently receiving any benefits to help you financially?
  • simplyme
    Hi Ami,
    Thank you. No i've never heard of Metup, but will certainly have a look. Yes I'm receing benefits, so im fine in that area. It's just with no support system it gets lonely. Sometimes one just needs to need to hear another person's voice if you know what i mean. I'm only geting to the stage now, that I feel that maybe I need to start looking after myself and not just dealing with the endless grief all the time. Thank you for the advice, i'll be looking into it.
  • simplyme
    Thank you Steve.
  • Ami2301
    I understand what you mean, especially everything you have been through you definitely need emotional support. We are not medical professionals but we all support each other, understand each other :)

Brightness