Review after 3 months — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review after 3 months

boots123
boots123 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
After going through the hassle of the original form getting letters from.medical professionals etc I have now received the exact same form to fill in 3 months later. Is this right? I'm so stressed out over it and it's not helping my anxiety at all having to fill this in again so soon. I have just recently been reviewed for pip again after 12 months and yet to here the outcome of this. Are the two linked? I feel that all I've done for the past 3 months is til out forms and I'm back to where i started! Can't anyone help? Do I have to get letters/supporting documents from my medical team again or will I just say nothing had changed from the previous form ? 

Comments

• Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    They can do it whenever they wish legally. It may or may not lead to a reassessment of the claim though.
    However if it were to happen again you might have grounds for having their actions reviewed by a Tribunal as being inappropriate and harassing.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger

I’m sorry to hear about the problems you’ve been having with PIP. It sounds like a really stressful time for you. 

Unfortunately, PIP reviews and reassessments from the DWP can take place at any time. There’s more information about PIP reviews on the Turn2Us website which you might find interesting. 

The Government has also recently announced that they plan to end PIP reviews for people with the most severe health conditions, and publish more information this summer. While there has yet to be an update, our benefits advisors wrote more about the plans in another discussion on the community which may be of interest to you. 

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    @Sam_Scope Sorry to but in here, think they are talking about an ESA claim, as I know PIP won't do a 3 month review unless it some thing like fraud etc.

But ESA can do them as and when..... 

Sorry to hear this.
    @boots123 did you ever ask for the assessment report ESA85 if you went to an assessment, or did you have a Paper Based assessment its then an ESA85A form.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh apologies! I got the wrong end of the stick!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • boots123
    @Sam_Scope it was just a paper based assessment I've not had to have a face to face interview yet. Woukd you suggest I just say nothing has changed or will I have to get medical info etc again. I've just recently got the all clear after having cancer and it's gave me anxiety and depression along with the physical symptoms. I really cant deal with the stress of all this as I am in no means at all ready to return to work. Seems they dont give a **** really and just want you to do as much form filling in as possible 
  • boots123
    @Markmywords how would I go about going to a tribunal ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They can reassess you at anytime for ESA. If you've received more ESA50 forms then they will need to be fully filled in and returned along with all of your evidence. Putting down on the ESA50 form that nothing has changed will not help your reassessment. Whether you have another face 2 face assessment will depend on the information on the form and the evidence you send. The form needs to be returned no later than the date stated on the letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Markmywords
    boots123 said:

First you would have to wait and see the assessment leads to a new decision on your claim.
    If so then step one is asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration including on the grounds of being inappropriately too soon. This is statistically most likely to fail so step two is to apply for a Tribunal hearing.
    There is plenty of information on here and also these sites;

• poppy123456
    Inappropriately too soon means nothing for ESA because they can review you at anytime.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    boots123 said:

First you would have to wait and see the assessment leads to a new decision on your claim.
    If so then step one is asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration including on the grounds of being inappropriately too soon. This is statistically most likely to fail so step two is to apply for a Tribunal hearing.
    There is plenty of information on here and also these sites;

@Markmywords I see you diden't read this thread, the links you've supplied is to do with PIP.

And this has nothing to do with PIP. It's an Emploment and Support Allowance (ESA) problem this member is having issues with.

Also (inappropriately to soon) will not cut it here and is not advisable.

@boots123 As you've had a Paper Based assessment I would firstly phone the DWP and ask them for the ESA85A, and also ask them which group and how long you was put in this group and explain in full your concerns, as the ESA50 form is sent out from Maximus the assessment provider and may just May be sent out in error.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Markmywords
    Allow me to enlighten you @Government_needs_reform; if you care to tread the original post you can see that Boots123 quite clearly stated it was PIP.
    The post may be in the wrong section or it may be a typo but I answered the question that was asked.
    Please read properly before setting yourself up as a forum moderator. That is if you want anyone to listen to you.
    @Markmywords I'm gonna do the same back to you as I've read this thread and nothing mentions PIP or ESA from boots123 stating eitheR.

But the thread is clearly posted in the ESA topic.
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    boots123 said:
    After going through the hassle of the original form getting letters from.medical professionals etc I have now received the exact same form to fill in 3 months later. Is this right? I'm so stressed out over it and it's not helping my anxiety at all having to fill this in again so soon. I have just recently been reviewed for pip again after 12 months and yet to here the outcome of this. Are the two linked? I feel that all I've done for the past 3 months is til out forms and I'm back to where i started! Can't anyone help? Do I have to get letters/supporting documents from my medical team again or will I just say nothing had changed from the previous form ? 
    Judging by this which i've highlighted this is indeed ESA reassessment that boots123 is talking about because of the words " are the two linked"
    That's the bit I read @poppy123456 to and new this was regarding ESA. Well spotted too btw... So @Markmywords please don't presume to presume as it's clearly stated it's not regarding PIP Thank you.
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    No problem @Government_needs_reform. I knew i'd read it somewhere in the post asking if the 2 were linked and as the other person is waiting for the PIP decision, it couldn't possibly have been for PIP.
    Lol @poppy123456 I had read the thread in full unlike some one showing disrespect to me in this thread because supplying the wrong information. I'm one of these people that don't worry about people having a dig at me sitting on their computer I find it rather funny really if that's how they want to behave I can handle all their mud slinging thats for sure I find it rather amusing.

I really think some people need to chill instead of posting drivel about others in an open forum, I think the weather is getting to them
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    Completely agree, which is why i replied :D
  • boots123
     it is in relation to esa...not pip. Just wondered if the w werre linked as just sent that form of last month for review! I was placed in support group at the end of June but letter didnt state how long for. I called them today in relation to it but all they said was yes I'll have to fill it out. I will request that form tomorrow, what exactly is it? I'm rubbish at all of this! 
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2018
    I'm a little confused here because first you say you've received more ESA50 forms and then you talk about a paper based assessment. A paper based assessment means that no face to face assessment was needed. In your case if you've only just received the ESA50 form then this is not a paper based assessment, it's just the forms and these need to be filled and returned along with all of your evidence to support your claim, as with all your previous ESA50 forms. Most people have face to face assessments. Once your form has been returned with the evidence then they will decide whether the face to face is needed or whether they have enough information to do a paper based assessment.

If you put on the form that there's no change then you'll likely need another assessment because they have no information on the form. You need to fill out the form with as much information about how your conditions affect you. It will need to be returned no later than the date stated on the letter because there is no extension of time for ESA50 forms to be returned.

The reason there's no award length of time of your previous ESA award letter is because they can reassess you at anytime. There's never an award length of time any any ESA award letters.

You do not need to ring ESA to request any form, if this is a review. All ESA50 forms come from the health assessment providers and not from DWP. When returning them they are sent straight back to them, as the pre-paid envelope is for the health assessment providers and not DWP. Hope this helps, good luck.
    @boots123 I think you got yourself a little confused I know we have.

Following on from @poppy123456 good advice above have you recieved a form like this one here called an ESA50.

If its not this form can you upload a photo photo or give the number of the form or letter you've recieved without you personal details.

Also to note what poppy has said you will not now how long you was placed in the Support group with your decision letter, you need to phone the DWP and ask for the assessment form ESA85 if you attended an assessment or had a home visit.

If you was placed in the Support Group which was done on a Paper Based assessment then you need to ask for the form ESA85A and then thes will give you an idea how long your award is for before review.

Here is a sample photo my latest ESA85A as I had a Paper Based assessment No face to face.

As you can see I'm in the Support Group and a review after 2 years.
    ⬇️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.