Daughter with CCP declined PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Daughter with CCP declined PIP

AKH
AKH Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
wow what a relief to see I’m not the only people in this fight! Daughter (19) has cerebral palsy and dyspraxia and she been declined  PIP - I wasn’t remotely concerned at pip assessment, were not lying about anything, 19 years from birth medical history and NHS intervention. Major surgery’s at Guy - but no apparently my daughter has no disability at all 0 points for everything. The assessor must be more qualified than the surgeons at guys and OT teams - I have to wash her, wash her hair - shop for her food, get her medication, tell her to take medication and they commented that she has no needs as she looked clean and tidy, so disabled people are now only allowed to look dirty then? 
i wasn’t sure if to laugh or cry - they made a judgement sitting on a chair in a room - seriously. I now have OT reports confirming all I do for daughter but I’m holding little hope on the appeal results. It’s All numbers to them, they utterly stupid thing is daughter now lost all DLA not been given Pip so had to change to  housing benefit instead! So in terms of public money they have achieved little but agro, stress, hours more of NHS time getting reports from neurological rehabilitation teams. My only wish was my daughter didn’t need such people in her life- pathetic and sad for everyone. Once again their going for the wrong people ☹️

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @AKH
    Im sorry to hear your story, unfortunately it is one we hear often. Where are you in the appeal process?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    There is always hope in appealing they are independent never give up
  • AKH
    I think I’m nearing the end of appeal process and awaiting hearing now - been waiting since April - I have supplied all I can along with reports from nerolocial rehabilitation unit nhs in gravesend. All such needless hard work and what about the next PIP assessment have I got to go thro this every time. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    AKH said:
    what about the next PIP assessment have I got to go thro this every time. 
    More than likely as that was a part of the reasons for the government bringing out PIP. More difficult to get than DLA (in my opinion) and making people have regular reviews.

• AKH
    I get that, I really do! But cerebral palsy being brain damage? it’s not like it’s going to get any better or cured. Diagnosed at birth, a life time of medical issues and surgery - I can’t go through this again, I work full time to keep a roof over our heads it’s taken so much of my own time ☹️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.