Pop review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pop review

Options
pinemartine
pinemartine Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
Hi, everyone.
My husband has been awarded PIP until Sep 2019 and as long as I know he would have reviewed 12 months before the award ends. 
But he hasn’t heard anything from DWP yet.
I have read they have changed the reassessment rules and I am wondering that is the reason he hasn’t had reviewed yet.
Does anyone know how the new rules affect us ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Was he awarded by a Tribunal? If so then a lot of Tribunal awards don't have reviews, they have ends dates which means DWP will contact him 3 months before the award is due to end. You can check his award letter and it will tell you on there.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's been no changes to reassessment rules.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Options
    Three months before the expiry, that is the norm  
  • keira
    keira Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    Options
    Hi,

Was he awarded by a Tribunal? If so then a lot of Tribunal awards don't have reviews, they have ends dates which means DWP will contact him 3 months before the award is due to end. You can check his award letter and it will tell you on there.
    Does this mean a person has to reapply for PIP all over again?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, if there's an end date on your award. DWP will contact you 3 months before and if you wish to reapply then you'll need to ring for more forms to be sent. If a decision isn't made by the time the end date arrives your PIP will stop. Once a decision is made, if successful then money is backdated to the date it stopped. It's different to a review.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Three months before the end date DWP either will decide to reassess the person or continue with award without reassessment.  They won't have to reapply.
  • keira
    Options
    Matilda said:
    Three months before the end date DWP either will decide to reassess the person or continue with award without reassessment.  They won't have to reapply.

Thanks for the reply but this differs to what @poppy123456 has advised. I am confused now! Just wondering which answer is correct?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    DWP will contact you 3 months before your award is due to end and you will need to ring them to ask for more forms to be sent to you. It will not be a review form, it will be the PIP2 forms. Review forms are only sent out to those who are reviewed 1 year before the award is due to end. The process will then be the same as it was the first time you applied and evidence will be needed to support your claim. A face to face assessment is highly likely because most people have them.
  • keira
    Options
    Thanks @poppy123456. I wonder why a person has to reapply when an end date is set by the tribunal but if the end date is set by the DWP then a review form is sent?
  • keira
    Options
    @Username_removed
    Hi, do you know the answer to this?

• keira
    Options
    keira said:
    Thanks @poppy123456. I wonder why a person has to reapply when an end date is set by the tribunal but if the end date is set by the DWP then a review form is sent?
    Does anyone know the answer to this. Thanks.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.