PIP review backdate — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review backdate

matthewwilliams1173
matthewwilliams1173 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
ive just had a review assessment for my PIP my award has been increased will I be backdated from when the review pack was sent or when I attend a face to face consultation? 

Many thanks 

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @matthewwilliams1173 My understanding is once a decision maker has made a decision on you review it will start in your case with the new higher amount from the date the decision maker made it.

So as an example, you got a review form on 1st May and you attended assessment on the 23rd June and the the DWP decision maker decides your claim on 1st September my understanding is that when the new rates would start.

I would guess that's how it works as I've only gone from DLA to PIP and there's no backdating.

If you give them a call they should explain this in a fuller detail.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    You should be approved from the date DWP received your form  On every form should be a series of numbers that denote the date the form was sent to you. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,367 Disability Gamechanger
    You should be approved from the date DWP received your form  On every form should be a series of numbers that denote the date the form was sent to you. 
    For reviews this is not correct. This is only when a change of circumstances is reported.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • matthewwilliams1173
    Everyone is telling me something different I sent the form back July 2nd so is that when I should expect back payment from?
  • matthewwilliams1173
    For reviews this is not correct. This is only when a change of circumstances is reported.
    Well poppy in July 2017 on a previous post you stated completely different 
  • poppy123456
    Everyone is telling me something different I sent the form back July 2nd so is that when I should expect back payment from?
    Not if it's a review. Reviews are not backdated to the date you returned the form, it's from the date of the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • matthewwilliams1173
    Not if it's a review. Reviews are not backdated to the date you returned the form, it's from the date of the decision.

• poppy123456
    That is no longer the case. PIP reviews are awarded from the date of the decision and not from when you returned the form. You can of course ring DWP yourself and ask this question. Good luck with your claim, if your waiting for a decision.
  • Saracen
    Saracen Community member Posts: 66 Pioneering
    Hi poppy 
    Its me the pain again (still awaiting a decision by tje way lol)
    I phoned yesterday see if there was any decision and the man I talked to when I said the wait is killing me told me its  if you are sucessful it will be backdated to which I told him I thought it wouldnt because it was a review but also a change of circumstances to this he added it will be back dated to the fo date which again is strange he told me from tje 1st april strange huh
  • matthewwilliams1173
    Saracen said:
    Hi poppy 
    Its me the pain again (still awaiting a decision by tje way lol)
    I phoned yesterday see if there was any decision and the man I talked to when I said the wait is killing me told me its  if you are sucessful it will be backdated to which I told him I thought it wouldnt because it was a review but also a change of circumstances to this he added it will be back dated to the fo date which again is strange he told me from tje 1st april strange huh
    I was told the exact same thing as your entitled to the money from when you made the DWP aware of your current situation I.e date of form filled in 
  • poppy123456
    If you rang to report a change of circumstances and they sent you another PIP2 form, then yes if a decision is a higher award you'll be backdated to the date you rang them. Otherwise it's from the date of decision. Good luck to you both and hopefully a decision won't be too long.
  • matthewwilliams1173
    If you rang to report a change of circumstances and they sent you another PIP2 form, then yes if a decision is a higher award you'll be backdated to the date you rang them. Otherwise it's from the date of decision. Good luck to you both and hopefully a decision won't be too long.

Just spoke to case manager dealing with my case and was informed if higher ward is increased it’s from date DWP recieved the review form 
  • poppy123456
    Strange that, as someone i know personally received a higher award last week after a review and not a change of circumstances and their new award is from the date of decision. Seems like the DWP make rules up as they go along.
  • Saracen
    Saracen Community member Posts: 66 Pioneering
    Hi matthew 
    Its like playing the lottery mate 1 person telling you one thing another telling u different I am not counting on backdated money if I get it it would help tremendously but just to get this over with is what im concentrating on now but good luck matthew and thank you poppy for wishing us good luck.
    edited October 2018
    Hiya guys, do know what the best thing to do is just wait for the final outcome of your decisions, and if there in then your favour just see what turns up in your bank accounts. Then at least you know for sure...That then will solve both of your answers, then please do let us know the right answer to this as you all are both confusing yourself.??
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• matthewwilliams1173
    Saracen said:
    Hi matthew 
    Its like playing the lottery mate 1 person telling you one thing another telling u different I am not counting on backdated money if I get it it would help tremendously but just to get this over with is what im concentrating on now but good luck matthew and thank you poppy for wishing us good luck.
    I’ll just see when the decision comes I expect a decision within next two weeks 
  • matthewwilliams1173
    Just received my report was lie after lie so looks like a long battle ahead for me 
    Just received my report was lie after lie so looks like a long battle ahead for me 

@matthewwilliams1173 reading your main post at the top of this thread you've said about it being increased and getting back dated money, sorry but now seem a little confused, you've said it has been increased or is the report not what you thought.

If I was you wait for a DWP decision letter and you will know for sure, while you also now have the report it should give you an idea how many points you should have scored?

As I've said many times before the DWP decision maker will 99% always go with what is written within that assesssment report. Good luck.
    ⬇️

• Pauli
    Pauli Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I had a review decision on my pip I was getting standard rate now I have been awarded higher rate of daily living component will I get any backdated money from the time they sent me the review form or is it when they make a decision 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Your new award will only be paid from the date of the decision.
    If it was from the date of the form, if a lesser award is made then you would have been overpaid and you would owe the DWP money
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.