Help with the costs of moving home — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with the costs of moving home

Options
Ashley6f
Ashley6f Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me I have to move home due to my disabilities as my house is to small to do the changes I need I work part time and get working tax and also the enhanced rate of pip both elements I don’t  have family that can help me move so have had to contact removal companies who are quoting around the £1000 mark I need to see if there is any help I can get with this cost does anyone know of anyone I can contact about this 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ashley6f Welcome to the community!

We have lots of information about renting and a list of organisations which can provide some further advice and support which you might find helpful. 

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Ashley6f,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board. :)

The links @Ami2301 mentions above are some good places to start and may be of interest to you. I've also moved this post into our Housing and independent living category so other members of our community can offer advice and support.

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further questions and if we can help in any way!
    Liam
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Removal companies cost a fortune. Have you tried man with a van service? They usually charge so much less the removal companies. You would most likely have to pack all of your contents of your house yourself but they will put everything into a van and remove it and place it in rooms of your choice at your new home. I've used these services myself many times.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ashley6f
    Options
    Thank you will try see what they will charge me ?
  • Ashley6f
    Options
    I have contacted turn 2 us today and they are sending me 3 application forms to fill in for grants that I may be eligible for for help with removal cost he said that I should also request help with the cost of new flooring when I move. He said that they will contact me back in a few weeks to see if I was successful in getting a grant if not they will put me in contact with some other grants to see if they can help so fingers crossed I can get help which will take away some of the stress of leaving my home 

Brightness