Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

Options
Pippa45
Pippa45 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi just wanted to ask advice. I had a Pip tribunal yesterday as I suffer with Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and chronic headaches. I still work but have reduced my hours as I find it incredibly hard to stay in work full time. I feel I was grilled more than in the assessment and was told I looked fashionable by the doctor on the panel?? Also the disability lady on the panel commented I was able to communicate well and this is one of the descriptors in the assessment. I didn’t realise if you suffer with a disability or long term health condition this makes you mute? I am awaiting a desicion in writing but feel like I will not be successful. I would just like to know if anybody else had a similar experience? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to wish you good luck. Usually they write to you fairly quickly with the decision after the hearing. Possibly you'll receive it either today or tomorrow.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kalen
    kalen Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    Good Luck with your result
  • Pippa45
    Pippa45 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, Just received my letter and has been refused as expected. Not sure where to go from here it’s so frustrating they acknowledged I have these conditions but am not eligible for Pip.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Pippa45,

We have some information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website, which you might find useful. You may also benefit from giving our helpline a call for free on 0808 800 3333 or helpline@scope.org.uk.
    Liam
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. You can request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. From this you'll need to find an error in law in making the decision, if this isn't found then you won't be able to appeal this decision.

If you plan on starting another claim in the future then i'd advise you to get some help with the claims process because using the same evidence you used this time may not help.

PIP is about how those conditions affect you and not about a diagnosis.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.