Accessor — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Accessor

Options
poppy60
poppy60 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
hi
has anyone ever had a paramedic to access them for pip . If so what was the outcome. I’m worried as people tell me paramedics do not understand ms and fibromyalgia 

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Yep, mine was a paramedic and was awarded on-going award both Enhanced rates. But I really woulden't  go by what you've heard as there is good and bad in any assessments mine understood how I'm affected and justified it fully.

It will depend if yours is understanding and many other factors to take into account, like your form, evidence sent etc. Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mine was a paramedic too and i claim Enhanced mobility and standard daily living. The HCPs don't need to be qualified in any particular condition because all conditions affect people differently. Reading too much on the internet isn't going to help because you'll always mostly only hear that bad stories. I claim PIP for fibro and other conditions too but PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily and everyone's different. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ….and being able to prove both the health condition as well as the alleged difficulties that cause the impact on your life.
  • niknoo
    niknoo Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Options
    Mine was a paramedic and understood Fibro better than I did. He was so lovely. Report looks good and more than enough points for enhanced for both, just waiting for actual decision letter now. 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    niknoo said:
    Mine was a paramedic and understood Fibro better than I did. He was so lovely. Report looks good and more than enough points for enhanced for both, just waiting for actual decision letter now. 
    @niknoo I remember you was waiting to hear about your PIP and now sounds like you've nearly got it. Good for you.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• niknoo
    niknoo Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Options
    niknoo said:
    @niknoo I remember you was waiting to hear about your PIP and now sounds like you've nearly got it. Good for you.
    Yes hopefully they agree with the report. Will let you know. Xxx 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.