Pip and esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and esa

Options
jenny1953
jenny1953 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
my husband had an anyeresum and double stroke he was given pip but did not receive esa his worked all hi life can you tell me why he isnt receiving it thanks jenny

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A couple of reasons excess capital, excess income, excess hours worked by partner not paying enough NIC in the right years, or maybe he has been found fit for work by the DWP and should either get back to work or find a job (DWP's opinion on those last bits - not mine).

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Has he applied? You don't automatically qualify, you need to apply for it, he'll also need a fit/sick note from his GP. Whether he's successful or not will depend on circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jenny1953
    Options
    He cannot work due to brain injury and double stroke he cannot walk or use left arm 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I understand that and i'm sorry to hear this but he still has to apply for ESA, it's not automatically given because someone can't work. Has he applied? Do you work? With so little information it's difficult to help.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jenny1953
    Options
    I am registered disabled myself my husband has 24 hour care we pay full council tax and only survive on pip
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you don't work then i'd advise going to your local CAB and they will give you a full benefit check. It's impossible to help further because no one knows any of your circumstances. You'll be able to speak to CAB and tell them everything and a full benefit check will be done and they'll be able to advise you what you maybe able to claim.
  • jenny1953
    Options
    Thank you for your time 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.