Home help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home help

AlisonNetty
AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
edited October 2018 in Coffee lounge
Hi.
I wonder if anyone could tell me how I go away getting s home help, I need help with doing my housework. I hate doing this but I have been having a lot of problems with my back of late. I have fibromyalgia and osetoartrightis.
I have a number of things wrong with my back. I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks netty. 

Comments

• Zebra88
    Zebra88 Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Call your local council and ask to speak to Adult Services. Then ask for a Needs Assessment. They will come to visit you and help draw up a support plan detailing exactly what you need help with. They will offer whatever help they can and decide if you need a personal assistant. If you do you may be eligible for a care package or direct payment to contribute towards the cost dependant on your circumstances. Of you are funding the help yourself you should still have the support plan so your carer/PA knows what you ned help with and they can help organise payroll systems and employers liability insurance for you or point you in the direction of organisations specifically set up for this purpose. Good luck and hope that helps.
  • AlisonNetty
    Thank you very much for your advice. I'll look into that in the morning. Much appreciated.  Netty 
  • mumjac
    mumjac Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi.
    I wonder if anyone could tell me how I go away getting s home help, I need help with doing my housework. I hate doing this but I have been having a lot of problems with my back of late. I have fibromyalgia and osetoartrightis.
    I have a number of things wrong with my back. I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks netty. 

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @AlisonNetty

How are you getting on? Did you look into Adult Services?

We also have some information about Personal Assistants on our website which might also be of interest to you.

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any other questions! :)
    Liam
  • mumjac
    mumjac Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    My doctor phoned social services , they rang me said we wash you dress you feed you and you pay for it no housework , ring when you when you need it 
  • AlisonNetty
    Phoned them today. My details where to open and now no have to wait for a phone call about the care plan. Adult service suggested that I get in touch with help the aged to see whether I'm getting the right benefits . So I'm doing that tomorrow. 
    Thank you very much for ur advice and got the ball rolling... netty

Brightness