Contribution esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Contribution esa

Siaman63
Siaman63 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi could someone please give advise on my current status,  i get ESA contribution at the moment it says I will get for one year from March 2018 until 2019 what will I do when this comes to an end.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Contributions based ESA is paid for 365 days unless you're placed into the Support Group and then it's paid for as long as your remain in there.

Once this comes to an end if you live with a partner that works 24 hours or more per week, or you have other household income then you won't be entitled to claim Income Related ESA.

If this is the case and you haven't been placed into the Support Group by this time then DWP will pay your national insurance credits towards your state pension only.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Siaman63
    After the 365 days what do I do it says I am in the support group
    so how will I know if I am still entitled
  • poppy123456
    You don't do anything because you're in the support group. When you're due another reassessment they will send you another ESA50 form and this can be anytime. If it gets to that date and you haven't been sent the form, don't worry your ESA will continue. It won't stop unless you've been found fit for work and you can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    That date is just a guide because they can reassess you at anytime. Some go over and some are contacted before the time they state.
  • Siaman63

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.