do you think im entitled to a little help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

do you think im entitled to a little help

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your accident, was it work related? If so your employer will and should have insurance to cover such instances. Also your employer has a duty of care for his employees health and safety, also was a risk acessment done for the job, work you where employed to do. Where the tools ladders ect in a safe working order. A lot of questions need to be asked and answered.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 58 Connected
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2018
    Options
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So, has nobody mentioned Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit?
    What's that they say? Isn't it the case that the DWP say you are supposed to ask and not expect them to offer any help to signpost alternatives?
    I lost out when I was eligible because I knew nothing about it. You can't very well approach the DWP (I did in fact, I went to the JC+ and was told nothing) to seek advice as to what benefits you could claim without first being aware that there was a possibly of one that could be claimed.

I remember also going the JC+ some years later to ask about financial help for the those over 60. Once again I received no help or even offered a leaflet.
     When eventually I heard about Pension Credit (via the library) I went back a 3rd time to the JC+ to ask if it was true as it appeared from what I had read I could have the same level of net monthly income if I claimed PC and gave up work - you can imagine the response I received for that request.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.