DLA to PIP- was there a backlog? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP- was there a backlog?

Options
fibrowarrior
fibrowarrior Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all , I am new to this site
i have been on dla indefinetly since 2003 I still have not had a letter or suchlike to migrate from dla to PIP ( not that I want the dreaded letter or assessment)!!
originally when the muppets in power decided to get rid of dla to migrate to PIP, they said " everyone is to be on PIP by March 2018
do you think there must be a hell of a backlog?

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The answer is yes. I don't know the latest estimated completion date.  I was contacted two years ago.  As you say, you're in no hurry for a dreaded brown envelope!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @fibrowarrior!
  • SethLaa
    SethLaa Community member Posts: 111 Courageous
    Options
    Hi FW,just like you I was sick of waiting for PIP to contact me regarding the transfer over to PIP so I contacted them to request said transfer, probably not a good idea but it was gonna happen sooner or later.
    Forms have been completed and returned with necessary info and medical notes, am now waiting on their decision but am armed and ready for the possible MR and subsequent appeal, let's see what happens.
    Good luck with it all from SethLaa
  • fibrowarrior
    fibrowarrior Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I believe personally Matilda , " don't poke a dragon unless you want to get burnt"! 
    I know it's going to happen but I am not going to contact them!

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My thoughts exactly, @fibrowarrior!  
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Options
    I believe personally Matilda , " don't poke a dragon unless you want to get burnt"! 
    I know it's going to happen but I am not going to contact them!

Me neither, every month i dont get that dreaded brown envelope is a blessing and im sure not going to complain and chase them up to speed up losing my DLA!
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Options
    April 19 is the latest target but that will slip if UC managed migration takes precedence.
    April 19 is the latest target but that will slip if UC managed migration takes precedence.
    So some of us may get our DLA then for another 6 months max, whoopee!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.