Would resigning and receiving holiday pay affect my ESA entitlement? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would resigning and receiving holiday pay affect my ESA entitlement?

Options
Yanis
Yanis Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello, I have just joined and  would appreciate advice  on the following matter. I have recently had a hip replacement op due to cancer in the bone and have primary cancer somewhere betwean my throat and anus. I have been unable to work since 03/03/18 and have been recieving SSP. Now I have to start claiming ESA.  I am 62 yrs old and am unlikely to return to work before I retire.My question is should I resign and recieve my holiday pay and would that affect my ESA payment/entitlement ?

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Yanis,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I've moved this post into our dedicated ESA category so other members of our community can offer some advice and support.

If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch! :)
    Liam
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Yanis!

I wonder if @Gill_Scope can help with this?
  • Tilly1
    Tilly1 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Options
    Hi Yanis
    I was recieving ssp long term my docotor medical retired me and my employer filled out a ssp1 and i now recieve contrubtions Esa. i recieved any holiday owing in my last wage slip i hope this helps.
    Im sure someone will be along to give you some more experienced advice.

• Yanis
    Yanis Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Tilly, I had a Work Capability Assessment which concluded that I was unfit for work of any kind. This was through Universal Credit, they also awarded me extra money which I wasn`t expecting. It had not occured to me to ask my Doctor. Thank you once more for your advice. I hope you are as well as you can be and remaining positive ! Kind Regards Yanis
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi,

If you’re receiving UC then any holiday pay you receive will affect the amount of UC you receive that month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.