Girlfriend’s decision letter has been sent out — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Girlfriend’s decision letter has been sent out

PIPnewbie
PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
She just called DWP for a fourth time.  The decision has been made and it was sent out on the 4th.  The lady on the phone said oh that was yesterday.

My girlfriend then said she doesn’t want know over the phone, then the lady said, “Are you sure? Oh, it won’t let me say anyway.  It just says decision: new award, but don’t ge excited as that can mean you’ve got nothing or everything.”

So fingers crossed now.  Letter should arrive next week I imagine.

Comments

• Lisa1968
    Lisa1968 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    They don't realise how stressful and vital their decision is, it's usually a matter of starve, be homeless or not :-/ good luck 
  • PIPnewbie
    Lisa1968 said:
    They don't realise how stressful and vital their decision is, it's usually a matter of starve, be homeless or not :-/ good luck 
    Yeah, this is such a horribly nervous feeling.  I hope she gets what she deserves after a life of suffering :(
  • janekim96P
    janekim96P Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    What a relief you both must be feeling PIPnewbie hopefully it'll be the highest rate I'm a newbie to scope myself and anxiously waiting for a reply from my review form gonna be a face to face I think just wish they didn't keep us waiting so long they could e-mail or txt us with decisions made anyway best wishes ?
  • PIPnewbie
    What a relief you both must be feeling PIPnewbie hopefully it'll be the highest rate I'm a newbie to scope myself and anxiously waiting for a reply from my review form gonna be a face to face I think just wish they didn't keep us waiting so long they could e-mail or txt us with decisions made anyway best wishes ?
    Hi Jane, thank you so much.  I hope so too.  It will really better the chance that we can finally live together and I can move to where she lives if she gets it.

How long did you have your award before review?  Do you keep receiving money throughout the review process?  I hope you are successful :) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.