Claiming PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claiming PIP?

Options
clairelouiseb81
clairelouiseb81 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. Is there anybody that could give me some advice about pip pls? I am on long term sick and my ssp has now come to an end so I am stuck on what to do next? I doubt I am going to be able to return to my job as it is very physical work (14 hour shifts as a support worker). I have degenerative disc disease. I am currently on pregabalin 150 mg morning and night. Also cocodomol 500mg as and when needed. I struggle with every day things like cleaning and shopping.  If it wasn't for the fact that I drive I'd be stuck in the house a lot. Thanks for taking the time to read this ? 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @clairelouiseb81 welcome to the community!

Have a look at all the information about PIP here which includes how to make a claim, a self-PIP test and lots of other useful information. If you have anymore questions then please do not hesitate to ask! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • clairelouiseb81
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi @ami2301 Thanks for the reply. I have done the self assessment and it shows as no reward. I just dont know what to do. I am still employed but I don't receive a wage. What do I do about leaving? Would that go against me or would my employer end my employment on the grounds that I can't so the work? It's so confusing. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you considered ESA?

Has your manager referred you for a medical? If he medical declares you unfit for work then you will most likely have a review with your manager. If you are to be dismissed then contact ESA. You can check out all the information about ESA here. Hope this helps :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • clairelouiseb81
    Options
    Thanks @Ami2301. Sorry about the late reply. My gp has sent them a copy of my medical notes. I have now had a letter to go into work for a meeting to discuss this. To be honest I don't think I will be able to return to work as my back is so bad. It's also affecting my mental health. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.