Need advice, unfairly condemned by doc — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need advice, unfairly condemned by doc

Dara2000
Dara2000 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Ok, so about 3 1/2 weeks ago I was literally thrown to the wolves when I unwittingly accepted a partial script, as the pharmacy only had 15 of my 120 pain pills. I naively thought my doc would just call in a new script for the remainder when his office opened on Monday. After 10 years of being a patient with absolutely no problems whatsoever I was told oh well you voided your script by excepting the 15 and you can’t have anymore for the rest of the month when I ask what I was supposed to do as you can’t just stop taking pain meds I was told if you go into withdrawals go to the emergency room? I couldn’t believe they could just do that to someone so anyway I have made you because I have wonderful friends that have helped me out. However my next appointment is coming very soon and I don’t know what I’m supposed to tell them I have been doing to make do. I know I can’t tell them that I took someone else’s pain meds to hold me over I also know if I tell them I didn’t take anything they will think well then you just don’t need them anymore. Feel like I’m between a rock and a hard place any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Pamela1509debbie
    Pamela1509debbie Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    Hi, I'm not sure why you would you need another script I don't know if I'm not fully understanding you but  if I go to the chemist and they don't have the full amount for my prescription they give me what they can and thrn give me an IOU SLIP so I pick the remainder up the next day or whenever, I don't have to go back to the doctor. 
  • Dara2000
    Dara2000 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Well here in Louisiana, the law on controlled substances says that the pharmacy is not allowed to do that. Once the script is filled, even if partially(15 pills) the script is voided. So in order to get the rest the doc would have to write another script for the remainder.  Like I said this is happened to me once before with a different controlled substance for my ADHD and that Dr had no problem doing that.  But apparently it is different with pain management doctors they are not allowed to do it by federal regulation I guess. At least I hope that’s why, otherwise he was just being a jerk for no reason:(
  • Pamela1509debbie
    Pamela1509debbie Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    I'm so sorry I've only just joined and thought this was just UK based. 
  • janekim96P
    janekim96P Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    Yeah me too no doctor in the U.K. would leave you like that you would receive an IOY slip from the chemist goid luck anyway
  • cupcakemandy
    cupcakemandy Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    so sorry you been treated like this,it must be awful,iam in the uk,and iam on controlled drugs,and the chemist i go to have always done an iou if they dont have enough

Brightness