INCOMPETENCE OF THE DWP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

INCOMPETENCE OF THE DWP

markyboy
markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My PIP award was to end 5/12/2019 when i went to tribunal in May this year of which i won so when the decision came from the courts i noticed that instead of the end date being 5/12/2019 it said 5/5/2019 i presumed there had been a type error so i rang the court who agreed with me but said it would have to go back to the judge to alter.
I then rang the DWP  who insisted they had to issue the award with the date that the judge had wrote which they did .
3 weeks later i got a letter from the court with a copy of the amended decision signed by the judge so now i need a new award from the DWP otherwise i am losing 6 months but after contacting them they confirmed they had received the revised decision but there was no facility on the system to alter the end date of an award and it would have to go to a manager
Now it's been 15 weeks since i first spotted the mistake and they have not acted on it 
My point is that they altered the end date of the award as soon as they got the original decision because it was in their favour but when it needed altering back in my favour they blame the system .

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Write a letter to the DWP office that sent you the decision with the wrong date. Inform them of the revised date, ask them to confirm the date that your review is due. Keep a copy of the letter. If you do not receive an answer within 28 days, make a formal complaint to Esther Mcvey, the Secretary of State for Works and Pensions. That will get a response and the result you need. Good luck. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Don’t blame the DWP their system as you where told had no facility for extending an award wrongly awarded by a judge then amended by the same judge. Perhaps, hopefully they will have or get an IT man to update their computer system to make the amendment when needed. But in the meantime write to the secretary of DWP about your concerns.
  • markyboy
    I have done all this my point is that despite phone calls and a letter to the DWP it is now 9 weeks since they had the corrected decision and i have still not received a revised award
  • markyboy
    No they accepted the decision and sent me an award at the beginning of June i just want them to send me paperwork with the correct end date 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.