Pip Review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Review

JO2907
JO2907 Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
Hi my name is Jo. I have recently been sent a Pip Review form on 14/09/2018 and sent back to them on 17/09/2018. How do i know if theyv'e received it? and how long roughly is it taking this year to hear from them about either a f2f assesment or a paper based decision?. Hope someone can help?. Thank you

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Mine took 4 months to assessment.
  • JO2907
    JO2907 Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    Hi Lindadenise thank you for your reply. You say it took 4 months to assesment, was this, this year? and did they let you know they had received your Review form or not?. Thank you
  • Orchid22
    Orchid22 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Hi Jo i am pretty much in same position as you i am really worried and anxious
  • Orchid22
    I filled in review forms with help and posted them also sent a Drs letter
  • Orchid22
    I do not understand i was awarded pip until 2019 i am not happy to say my condition has worsened now i am just so worried as i fear they will just stop my money a they have done three times before i just cannot cope with this 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Orchid22 said:
    I do not understand i was awarded pip until 2019 i am not happy to say my condition has worsened now i am just so worried as i fear they will just stop my money a they have done three times before i just cannot cope with this 
    With a review the DWP or the assessor is not required to look at your previous award. A review is effectively treated as a new claim.

It is not good enough to say 'there has been no change - please refer to the previous application and award as what the situation was then is still the situation now'. Doing that you are as likely than not to be awarded 0 points.

It happened to me - in 5 years three face to face assessments. I had enough so threw the towel in. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Orchid22 said:
    Hi @Orchid22 I am sorry to hear how upset you are, if you need to speak to someone, you can call the Scope Helpline on 0808 800 3333
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.