Will the DWP will take all my info about my pip assessment into account at my ESA assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will the DWP will take all my info about my pip assessment into account at my ESA assessment?

Dazz66
Dazz66 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Thanks for letting me join...I went through  the transition,  DLA-PIP this year, I think that my award was fair even though I lost the mobility component.  I was on Incapacity benefit from 2001 until it was ESA , support group, I've just today received my ESA work capability assessment questionnaire,  I've filled it in, it's no where near as detailed as the PIP form, but I've filled it in pretty much how I did my pip ,,, now my PIP face 2 face was stopped at the assesment centre as I was traumatised ( I have mental illness) after 5 mins in , I then waited 4 weeks and was informed they had arranged a home visit . I've put all this down on my ESA work capability assessment questionnaire and just wondered if you may know if the DWP will take all my info about my pip assessment into account and 'A' - give me a home visit if face to face is required or B - just check all my info and then reassess again in X yrs ??? Any advice would be great , I've really had as much as Any one can take in 6 months between the pip and now this esa assesment questionnaire,  it's gonna be on my mind 24/7 again.....

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dazz66 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you're going through a stressful time. As PIP and ESA are two completely different benefits they do not communicate with one another and pass on information.

Have you asked your GP to write a letter stating you require a home visit due to going into an assessment centre causes you to become distressed. Send this letter to DWP ASAP. Hope this helps.

Please let us know if you have any further questions! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Dazz66
    Thanks Ami I will do that , I didn't realise that the ESA and PIP don't communicate with each other , I knew that they are completely different in regards to assesment,  it's just another headache! I thought I'd got some relief for now just going thru the pip but hey, that's life , I tell the truth so if I can't be assessed on the truth then who's got any hope ? Just glad they are taking mental illness seriously now Ami...Thanks,  I'll keep you updated...
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    You're definitely right there, benefits are a complete minefield! We all have been through assessments one way or another so try not to worry, we will be with you every step of the way! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Dazz66
    Thank you Ami I appreciate your words , i sometimes question not only my own sanity but the DWPs too! It's like being awarded your entitlement by one team then the others are questioning thier decision , it's time consuming , it's repetitive,  and it's getting so bad that they are not listning to our own GPS and Secualist teams , a decision maker who can over rule someone who's been to med school ?? Crazy imo Ami . But again, Thanks....

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.