I am looking for some help or advice after loosing a pip award — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am looking for some help or advice after loosing a pip award

Options
231269 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, I am looking for some help or advice after loosing a pip award, and the fact that the government body that has removed it. Have actually gone against a government rule for disabilities in 2010. In that the safe guard for those with Cancer, HIV, and MS

Comments

• cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome! I am in the USA, so I don't know about ab out your government's health care system. Here, you can appeal a decision with the backup of a doctor.

Do you have anything like that?

It sounds as though you're suffering an injustice, given the law in 2010. And why was your pip award taken away - did they explain?

I am sure others here from the UK will help you out. Do keep posting.
    Options
    They are not listening to those that know about the health problems at all.  So once when they did take medical advice, doctors are basically being told that they cannot intervene in this.  So we are seeing people with very little wrong with them receiving some of the highest awards and, like myself when I was first awarded it, I had some health issues but no way near as much as I have today.  At that one you had to have three things before they even looked at your claim.  Now today it is about 12/ 13 things and this time I’ve lost my award because the saw me on a good time in fact the very first time in over about two years approx where I’ve been able to walk without my walking aids.  And on these two occasions they have decided that I am no where near as bad.  Just left speech less
    Options
    Sorry I should have said that’s I have 12/13 things wrong with me now, and I lost it because someone told a lie,  and that I also walked  a few feet more than I did previously.  And since I’ve got mobility problems, that I had to push myself and stay out of the wheel chair.  And if I don’t push myself to walk I could cause blood clots and at the worst loose a limb as I have a blood disorder and I’m on warfarin.
    They are not taking any notice of the disabilities act 2010 and since I also have ms as just  another problem they are not keeping to the governments decision to protect people with AIDS and cancer and ms.  And this is happening a lot within the ms community. 

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @231269 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear what you have been going through, this all must be very distressing for you. Will you appeal this?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
    Options
    Hi ami I’m still waiting for it to go to the courts the first appeal didn’t get accepted, as I wasn’t informed that it was at the courts on a certain day, and I’m still waiting for this to go onto the next stage.  The most frightening part was the interview under caution.  The woman from the company that is investigating all disabilities claims, she took an instant dislike.  You could tell by the way she spoke to me.  Even the police officer had to cut in, I was so distressed, and she just seemed to enjoy the interview even more. And made sure she was going to ramp up the stress factor,  but then just because I walked a little further they are basing it all on that.  I’m sorry but when your being threatened by one government agency, and then by another that contradicts everything the other is telling you,you’ve got to do this or loose everything either way.
    And then for the woman to say that “we know that you do have everything you state you have we are not contradicting that.  But you never told us you could walk a little further.  And that you are getting better”  The thing is the original questions are  
    1: How far can you walk before your in pain?  It’s constant some days are a lot worse than others.  Some days I cannot even get up and for some reason they ask you to try and grade your pain.  All I know is this is a major pain.   And I know Ive got to walk to stop blood clots, as I’m on warfarin.  

I know they have to stop fake claims, and I know they are not doing a very good job at it.  But surely with a list of things that are wrong, and that they can check up on these, why am I fighting it when my health has taken a nose dive.  It just more stress, that is making things worse.  But then to check up on people to make sure they have let the other agencies know your no longer in receipt of things.  Surely they could make sure of this.

This has the knock on effect of leaving me in nearly £7000 worth of debt.  And also the threats of if I don’t find this kind of money iin a very short time, I could loose my home.  So from going at my steady pace of trying to sort myself out, to a million miles of trying to deal with everything, and this I cannot cope with as I keep forgetting things and this they know.  So I’m just sitting waiting, with no clue of what’s actually going on. So the stress is building, and all this I am trying to hide from a very worried ten year old.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    231269 said:
    Hi everyone, I am looking for some help or advice after loosing a pip award, and the fact that the government body that has removed it. Have actually gone against a government rule for disabilities in 2010. In that the safe guard for those with Cancer, HIV, and MS
    What rule are you talking about?

Is it the Equalities Act?
    There are no rules of this type where PIP is involved.
    You can either carry out the descriptor activities or not. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.