.I dont want to let her down — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

.I dont want to let her down

carolynhill
carolynhill Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2018 in Mental health and wellbeing
I have extremely low BP.causing me to faint.I have an ankle/leg implant.Last year I broke my left wrist in April and in December I passed out at the  top of the stairs.went down 14 stairs and smashed up my right wrist Its been wired threw my fingers and Ive lost strenght in my thunb and index finger.Sevdre pain in my wrist.In 2009 I started hearing voices.I was drinking heavily.My couzin died in my arms and that sent  me over the line Total paranoia. voices.I was sectioned and was in hospital for 14 mnths.Took 2years to hit the right meds to make me ok.My brain has shrunk and I have short term memory loss.but I have 2 wee grandkids now and have never had alhohol since 2010.I have a nurse .apart frm pain and the frustrathon of my memory the onlyBIG problem is I cant sleep.Im on zopiclone but have to miss 1 night and take 2 the next night. I think Im depressed the lack of sleep makes me grumpy and I argue with my hubby alot. Could anyone help I feel I cant go on like this. I only c my nurse every 3 months and shes always saying how good Im doing.I dont want to let her down and tell her the zopiclone doesnt work.

Comments

• cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hello, thanks for telling us a bit ab out your situation.

Please don't feel you would be letting your nurse down. I think she would awful if she couldn't help you because she thought the medication was not working. People ;who are carers really want to help their patients. I would think she would be honoured if you tell her the trust - it would mean you trusted her.

You have had a very rough time of it. I am sorry you're been through too much. This forum is a wonderful place to get help and support, so please do join us.
  • carolynhill
    carolynhill Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I would like to talk to anyone. Apart from my illness. I do not c anyone.apart from my grandchildren.who are the light of my life. When in hospital my son told me I was going to be a nana. That made me want out. I was institutionalized after 14 months and felt safe in hospital.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @carolynhill welcome to the community!

Sorry for all that you have been through. I do agree with @cracker that you should tell your nurse, or speak to your doctor. Are you on any anti-depressants?

We are all here for you! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @carolynhill
    Im sorry youre having such a tough time but as others have said you should speak to your doctor or nurse, you arent letting anyone down.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness