Dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla to pip

hickie66
hickie66 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
hi everyone need some advice as my son been on dla 2014 stopped jan 18 for pip application fill in sent it off still hadn’t heard back from them so rang dwp they say hadn’t receive it so they send another fill it in,sent it recorded so he gets a letter to go for face to face that was 3 weeks ago so hp rings me Monday evening at 6.30 said she needs more details as anybody else have this happen to them. Thanks 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, reading your post it looks as if you have left your sons application for PIP in the lap of the gods. If you sent it off in the envelope provided the normal letter box will only just take accept it so most claimants take to a post office for a certificate of posting as prove. You should allow them at least three week before phoning to enquire if DWP have received it. Waiting for so long adds to your distress and angciety the HP may need more information because your son is having a paper acessment due to his circumstances. Hope it goes ok and please keep posting your progress.
  • hickie66
    Thanks willo my son as already had pip meeting on 20 aug with a lady said she look over part of his application didn’t ask my son anything as stated on application doesn’t do well meeting people so she said ,she would only speak to me as she knew he wasn’t comfortable  1 and half hour  later she takes paperwork from camns and his principle from his secondary school and told me she would send it off straight away. Then she rings me on Monday evening needed more details which she had already ask me found that strange 4 questions she need to check so really unsure of what’s going to happen now.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi hickie66 

I wouldn't worry too much that they're asking for more information - it was probably the DM who called you after they got the EMP's report, they probably didn't think it contained enough information to make an informed decision.

You did the right thing to answer the additional questions - hopefully you'll get the reply soon.

Best of luck with it.

Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:

• hickie66
    Hi all just a update so I ring dwp on Friday to see if they received hcp report and they check the system and tell haven’t got report,so they give me number to ring and see if hcp as put it on system,they tell me it’s been put on there system on 3 sept at 7.24pm so really at point of not knowing when he ever going to get this sorted out.
  • hickie66
    Hi just a update on son transfer from dla to pip received hcp report He received 17 points for daily living and 12 points on mobility this was on 3rd October. How long before dwp contact us since this as been going on since April 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi hickie66 

I wouldn't worry too much that they're asking for more information - it was probably the DM who called you after they got the EMP's report, they probably didn't think it contained enough information to make an informed decision.

You did the right thing to answer the additional questions - hopefully you'll get the reply soon.

Best of luck with it.

Mary
    I respect what you are saying but some claimants may not have a telephone or may have one but are nervous about allowing their number to become public knowledge. I know my wife is as are both my daughters' who check the number on the screen and if not recognised will not answer it.

Even if it is answered there is no way of confirming that the caller is indeed who they say they are. Many are already fooled into believing it is their bank that is calling and become a victim of fraud.

I'm just pointing out that people should, in the current climate be very aware of giving out their number as well as just accepting who the caller is.
  • hickie66
    Hi all feeling stress spoke to dwp today still no decision as yet with Dm takes a long time to get decision 
  • hickie66
    Hi all finally brown envelope arrived today? but can’t find how long award is for, just states ongoing has anyone else had this thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, ongoing means a 10 year award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hickie66
    Thanks poppy ? 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    My award is ongoing but DWP say on award letter they'll contact me after 10 years.  Your letter should also say it this.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.