i have to go for another pip assessment later this month — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

i have to go for another pip assessment later this month

Options
johnledi56
johnledi56 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, i have to go for another pip assessment later this month even though my pip doesn't finish until the 30th june 2019, why would they want to see me this early and could they stop my pip straight after my assessment and stop my payments or would i still get my payments until the end of june. I really don't know why they want to see me so early.

thank's john. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @johnledi56 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, PIP reviews and reassessments from the DWP can take place at any time. There’s more information about PIP reviews on the Turn2Us website which you might find helpful.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome I’m right with you there as I got a short award
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    Unfortunately, they're generally reviewing people about a year before the end date of the award. And yes, if they don't award you enough points, your money will be reduced or stopped immediately. If this happens, please appeal!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Waylay said:
    If this happens, please appeal!
    I agree that this is the way forward but do have to say that if everybody appeals as they are doing, it only goes to make the queue longer before you get to the Tribunal.
    People should take this into account - are they well enough to cope with the stresses brought on by such a long wait - up to 12 months?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,997 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The waiting times is a lot of areas is already as much as 1 year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    If the paid the people who really are entitled in the first place then they would not have to appeal I think that's why they make it so difficult as I'm sure many ppl give up 
  • johnledi56
    johnledi56 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I feel it's not right that you are given an award for a certain time and then they change that, what's the point of giving anybody an award for a certain length of time.
  • PaganLady
    PaganLady Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to this site and this is my first comment - I have gotten so much valuable information from you helpful and blessed lot, I thank you! :) It's true that they can review as much as a year beforehand as I have just sent my review form back after getting an award for three years two years ago. Does anyone know why they do this instead of waiting until much nearer the time? My worry is that since my initial claim my conditions have worsened and I reflected those changes in the form, I am needing far more help from my son (my unpaid carer) and he also wrote a letter confirming that what I had said to be true. I've also had to enlist help from an Occupational Therapist this year in order to have an over bath shower fitted as well as a few handrails and aids and also included her report as well as proof of the works been carried out along with other supporting evidence such as proof of medications which have changed slightly and my Son's letter, will not be considered as new evidence as these things have come into effect after the initial assessment. Will anything happen because I didn't report those changes as they happened do you think? I am also able to walk or stand for a significantly less amount of time now too so rely so much on my PIP payments and worry they could stop them. (I get standard for both components just now). has anyone else had problems with any of the above? If so, any advice would be welcome - I am wondering whether to prepare for an appeal just in case, thank you x 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If the paid the people who really are entitled in the first place then they would not have to appeal I think that's why they make it so difficult as I'm sure many ppl give up 
    eerrr the DWP have already done that - decided who is entitled and who isn't - it's called a decision notice.
    Yes people give up. I for one gave up as I am too old and ill to continue with this never ending roundabout of claim, refuse, MR, refuse - every other year!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.