Lost at upper tribunal - when can I put in a new PIP claim? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost at upper tribunal - when can I put in a new PIP claim?

Options
Jane123
Jane123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I was on disability then had to claim pip went to medical man lied and was very rude basically went to appeals lost then went to appeal in the upper tribunal and was refused but said I could put in a new claim for pip when will I be able to do this got letter today thanks 

Comments

• tamidavis
    tamidavis Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    Hi @Jane123

Sorry to hear about this! Citizens Advice have a question-by-question guide to filling in an ESA50 form/filling in a PIP claim form on their website which might you might find helpful. You could also contact your local bureau should you need further support. 

Best,

Tami
  • Jane123
    Options
    Thankyou so much 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jane123 welcome to the community!

Please let us know if you need any further help! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Jane123
    Options
  • Poppie7
    Poppie7 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Welcome Jane 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Jane123

You can re-apply for PIP. Our benefits advisors posted this on another discussion which I hope you might find useful:

"You do not need to wait 12 months to reclaim PIP. However, if there is a short time between applications and there is no noticeable change in needs detailed on the new PIP application form, PIP may use the same medical information when first refusing your claim. I would however not be put off by this, and I would keep in mind the rules of PIP when completing the new application."

Best of luck with the new claim if you decide to reapply, and if you have any further questions, then please do get in touch!

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP is awarded for how your conditions affect your daily living and mobility not for the conditions themselves.  Your disabilities have to fit relevant descriptors.

Disability Rights site has a good guide to PIP.

Try to get f2f help from CAB or similar, or local authority welfare rights.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Jane123 said:
    Thankyou
    Did you include all of your difficulties/the impact due to them as well as all of your conditions?

As an example in my last re-assessment I didn't see the point in mentioning anything that remotely had a connection with my mental health simply because in previous assessor reports they came up with 14 reasons as to why I don't have any mental health issues.

The question then is this a change of circumstances or should it be treated as a new claim?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.