Pip assesment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assesment

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I think it is a very bad sytem with many flaws.do you have pets yes,how many 3 dogs cat.do you walk dog,yes with my wife.did not ask who feeds my pets,just seems like it's assumed I do also.
    Yes that would be the assumption that the assessor would like to make - whether it is true or not is immaterial.
  • Yadnad
    I think it is a very bad sytem with many flaws.do you have pets yes,how many 3 dogs cat.do you walk dog,yes with my wife.did not ask who feeds my pets,just seems like it's assumed I do also.
    It's a trick question that they often ask, if you just say "yes" to walking the dog then it may go against you.
    And with three assessments under my belt I was not allowed to make any other comments or explanation to the first answer given - in fact why should they offer that opportunity?
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Yadnad said:
    Now going on the advice in not telling them about pets and driving cars, that in itself is not to practical to advise the claiment not to this on an open forum?

I would leave that one out as the claiment would be placed to make that decision if they decide not to declare those about pets and driving etc, also remember failing to tell this could and be an open door if your were reported for say fraud etc I believe you get where this is going.

Thanks, I did say that it would not be a good idea to go down that route as it is not truthful.
    But in fighting fire with fire it would possibly make others consider otherwise. 

@yadnad you did buddy ?? But you know what it's like at least we can have a laugh without being nasty.?
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Yadnad
    25 minutes doesent seem long maybe a good sign.
    It depends on how you look at it. Yes it could be a good sign but on the other hand they may well have got enough information in that 25 mins to conclude that the claimant will fail so why prolong the assessment.

At the end of the day the answer will be one of two possibilities - hope for the best but plan for the worst. 
  • Yadnad

@yadnad you did buddy ?? But you know what it's like at least we can have a laugh without being nasty.?
    :):):)
  • Fireantguy22
    Fireantguy22 Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    I will let you all know the decision when it arrives,said 4/6 weeks and im glad i found tgis site to talk ,get advice and maybe help others thanks.Government_needs_reform said:
    @Fireantguy22 your welcome...

No you don't need the decision from the DWP first, unless you live in Northen Ireland, you can ask for this form about a week after the assessment and don't let them fob you off.

25 minutes doesent seem long maybe a good sign.
    Please let us know how you get on buddy and good luck??

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    4-6 weeks is just a guide and mostly what they tell everyone. Some wait 2 weeks, while others wait 8 weeks and more. It all depends on backlog in your area. If the assessment report is chosen for audit then this delays the process. Ring next week and ask for a copy of the report as has been previously advised. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fireantguy22
    Yeah i know its a guide,will let you all know the outcome and will keep looking on this very pleasant and helpful site.
  • miilreef
    miilreef Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    I was asked questions about pets at the f2f. 
    I made it clear that I was now only going outside with my dog either just to sit in the garden or on a green space opposite my house but I can only do that if someone else is at home because I can easily fall flat on my face. 
    Of course they put none of that in the report.
    I was asked about it at the tribunal where I was able to explain. The panel also wanted to know what breed my dog is.
    I won my tirbunal.
    Pets are wonderful company for people who are socially isolated and need company as well as for a lot of other reasons. 
    Good luck :)
  • Fireantguy22
    edited October 2018
    Few year back I had to have 2xreports done one for disability and one dwp 
    Seen 2xdifferent interviewers and told both the same  problems I had.when I got copies of interview it was like they had interviewed me on one and someone completely different on the other,my benefit was stopped at this point bit won my appeal without seeing a panel.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Fireantguy22
    Hi all thought I'd let you know on this thread and I've already made a new post.i got my reply yesterday after nearly 6 weeks of **** anxiety waiting for it.i got 0 points and I suffer as much now and more than I did 20 year ago with my severe ocd depression anxiety.the system for pip is a farce a sham shame on this government.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.