Tribunal papers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal papers

Options
Scissorhandsjack
Scissorhandsjack Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Hi all recieved a date for my esa appeal. Can't help but feel a little daunted. Keep looking through the bundle of papers from dwp and can't believe the lies. I'm not sure where to begin with it all I can't get an advisor to come with an can't afford legal services. I have seen somewhere an example bundle where an advisor has used highlighter pens to make information stand out(I presume) has any body had an advisor do this and say why and has it helped. I'm going it alone and need to be well preoared
Tia

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,246 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

As you've now got a date, you're leaving all of this a little late. It would have been much better if you had tried to get a representative much earlier on, as waiting times for Tribunals are huge. This would have given you plenty of time to prepare for the hearing. You need to forget about the lies that were told and concentrate on which group you think you should be in, your reasons why and the evidence to support your claim. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Scissorhandsjack
    Options
    Hi poppy and thanks for the information. Unfortunately where I live there is only cab for a couple of hours once a week. So getting an appointment is really difficult. I know I have left it late. All evidence has been submitted had a brief letter from my doctor who was not at all happy to write one. I saw online a while back that someone displayed a sample of an advisor using highlighters to information. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light?
  • merlin1976uk
    merlin1976uk Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    You could contact citizens advice sometimes they can provide help and someone to go with you to your tribunal
  • Scissorhandsjack
    Options
    Thanks merlin1976uk
    We don't have a local cab. I have phoned but they said rhy don't go to tribunals 
    Thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,246 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is the letter from your GP the only evidence you sent?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Scissorhandsjack
    Options
    No I have sent lots of evidence in 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.