Mental health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental health

lynni
lynni Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I am on pip for mental health I got my first review form my sister has filled it in but I am so anxious and scared I will have to go for a f2f or I will lose my pip I  am really struggling financially as only get £,100 UC after deduction I am worried sick and only supportive evidence I have is my gp and my sisters I have heard so many horror stories about people losing there pip 

Comments

• Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Hi  if you got a paper based decision the first time then your evidence must have been enough.
    Is it going to the assessment or just having it that's making you so nervous 
  • lynni
    In case I have to have f2f cause I heard so many bad things about assesors 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Hi,

Most people have face to face assessments, even for reviews. It's rare to have a paper based assessment, so prepare yourself for one. It will be the same process as your first claim. Questions will be asked about how your conditions affect you daily. Evidence will be needed to support your claim so hopefully you sent that with the form. There's no timescales to how long the process will take, it depends on back long in your area. Your PIP will continue until a decision is made, if you're successful you'll have a new award date, if you're not successful then your PIP stops 4 weeks after the decision is made regardless of the length of time still left on your current award.

May i ask why you only receive £100 UC? UC is a monthly payment and that seems extremely low. Do you rent your home or live with parents? Do you have children?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lynni
    Only evidence I have is gp and my sisters I rent my home UC send rent straight to housing I have 23 year old son UC take deductions income support over payment witch I can't remember why they over paid me I didn't have face to face when I put in for pip and got standard daily living as my sisters do a lot for me ie help me manage my money and help me pay my bills 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    As you're claiming UC then you shouldn't be claiming Income Support as well, this should have transferred to UC and all your payments should be under UC. What's your reason for claiming Income support? Are you claiming carers allowance for looking after someone? Standard allowance for over 25's for UC is £317.82 per month for a single person. If you're only receiving £100 per month that's a lot of deductions. Does your son live with you, if so does he work?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lynni
    My son doesn't work he on job seekers he on dla cause he has learning disabilities and over payment was from years ago I get carers for him but UC take of over £200 a month because of that I am really struggling finacally and scared I will lose my pip 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.