Appealing against a descion on my p.i.p standers rate — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing against a descion on my p.i.p standers rate

millie123
millie123 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
please could you help?do you think that i’m Wasting. My time appealing for my mobility on my mandertry form that have given me zero points and I don’t think it’s right.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,342 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No one here can advise you what to do because we don't know how your conditions affect you daily. No one can tell you if you risk losing your existing award or not. You really do need to get expert advice regarding this. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    We cant tell you whether to appeal further or not, we can say that the latest stats say 71% of appeals are won by the claimants.

There is lots of information about appealing a DWP decision here and we have a video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Sam is right to say a high proportion of appeals are won by claimants.  It is a good idea to go along to a hearing (usually held fairly locally) and talk to the panel about your situation as this will also improve your chances of winning. A low proportion of decisions are changed a mandatory reconsideration stage. It would be worth you finding a local advice centre if you still wanted some support or advice after watching the video above or about going to a tribunal.  Your local council should be able to advise you on any organisations local to you who could offer advice.  Or you can search online via Advice UK for your closest independent advice centre by going to http://www.adviceuk.org.uk/looking-for-advice/find-advice/

The Benefits Training Co:

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I have just checked that link out for myself just in case I was missing something

I had to put the search at 25 miles and the following came up.

Student Health & Wellbeing, Canterbury Christ Church University 

Canterbury Debt Advice Centre 

Canterbury Housing Advice Centre 

Ashford Borough Citizens Advice 

Kent Union Student Advice Centre

I am not a student at age 70
    We have no debts
    We own our own home
    They have said that as I am out of their area they can't help
    Again I'm not a student

Would seem that if I was an impoverished student who had credit card debts in the tens of £1,000's, rented a home and lived in or near to Ashford in Kent there would be people actively offering me help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.