Mental health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental health

Options
lynni
lynni Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am on pip for mental health I got my first review form my sister has filled it in but I am so anxious and scared I will have to go for a f2f or I will lose my pip I  am really struggling financially as only get £,100 UC after deduction I am worried sick and only supportive evidence I have is my gp and my sisters I have heard so many horror stories about people losing there pip 

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    You will have to go to a f2f dont worry about the evidence just look at the PIP descriptors and how your condition affects you carrying these out make sure you are aware what your sister has put down on the form as they will refer to it at the f2f
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    It may be worth you speaking to your GP and asking if they can provide some evidence.  A vague letter is not really very helpful, but if they can comment on specific things that you have difficulties with this may help, or a print out of your Patient Summary from your GP notes may help.  Always read through any information you get though to make sure it is consistent with what you have said on the form.  You may like to have a look at this page too https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/pip

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.