Esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa

Anthony1987
Anthony1987 Community member Posts: 93 Listener
Hi I'm  just checking to see what other benefits i can get  as i don't know to get esa or sowmthing eles 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

In your other thread here, https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/50038/benefits#latest You say you claim Universal Credit, is this correct? If so then no you can't claim ESA as well as UC.

Are you looking for work while claiming UC or sending in sick notes because you have a limited capability for work?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Anthony1987
    Yeah i get uc.Sick notes I'm hoping of getting one for life to moz  as the shakes getting worse in my left leg and hands  which I'm seeing a physio next month for both hands and left leg 
  • Anthony1987
    And I'm also getting checked for dyslexia just waiting on a call to go in which should of been done when i was a kid 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    As you're sending in sick notes for UC you'll eventually be sent a UC50 how your disability affects you form. This will need to be filled in and returned along with all your evidence to support your claim. It's quite possible you'll have to attend a face to face assessment for LCW and you'll be asked questions about how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work. Once a decision is made you'll either be found fit for work, have limited capability for work (LCW) or limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA). IF the decision is LCWRA then you'll get extra money from the 4 month of your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Anthony1987
    I aint good with wrighting and reading thing's in work places defo when it's long words it did infect my work when i worked as kitchen assistant with having to wright all thw time then get told of for bad hand writing so it has put me of big time as last year my hand started to shake alot more with not having the help to wright  my hand shakes when i wright thing's or holding a foke.  even the job center said about hand shaking and going down the stairs as there saw it shake   I'm hoping to get my old school report soon so can send into the job center  with going to a special needs school since i was little 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.