PIP mobility rejected — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP mobility rejected

Manchestergirl66
Manchestergirl66 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just had mobility pip rejected because I can plan a journey from a to b

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Manchestergirl66

Good Morning & Welcome to our Community & Site.

It’s Great to you today.

We have got lots of info and advice/help on “Benefit’s”

Please please let us know if this would help ???

• Manchestergirl66
    Have been through the mandatory redecision  sent pics in docs letters etc but a non doctor seems to know my body better than my consultants and docs
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Manchestergirl66 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear what has happened. Hopefully members of the community will be in contact with you soon to advise.

If there is anything else that we can help you with then please do not hesitate to let us know! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Manchestergirl66
    Thanks I may have to call on everyone's knowledge
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Manchestergirl66, and a warm welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear about your PIP outcome and your unsuccessful MR. Will you be taking this to tribunal? This information on appealing DWP decisions may help you to prepare, and we also have some knowledgeable members on the community who'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

https://youtu.be/tIHjSpNNbQo
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As no one here knows how your conditions affect you then it's impossible to advise further because you haven't given enough of information. You really need to get further advice from either your local Welfare rights or other disability adive centre near you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Manchestergirl66
    I have a series of conditions to do with the back and stroke also was born with genetic hereditary autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disorder and dwarfism 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily. As the MR decision remained the same you now have 28 days to request the Tribunal. You need to fill out the SSCS1 form and send you MR decision letter with it to HMCTS. Waiting times for Tribunal hearings are as long as 1 year in a lot of areas. I really do advise you to get some help with this process.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.