PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment

matthewwilliams1173
matthewwilliams1173 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
So I attended a capita PIP assessment on 25/09/18 I recieved report nothing but lies on there I also attended a ESA assessment for n 28/09/18 one report is stating that I can do everything for myself and the other one is saying I can’t do hardly anything has anyone else has similar experiences? Or knows what I can do to try make the DWP see that capita are telling lies again I also had two previous failed capita assessments who were changed at mandatory reconsideration.

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Use ESA report as your basis for any request for an MR, or appeal to Tribunal. Both assessments are conducted for the DWP, thus the ESA report, contradicting the CAPITA assessment will make the DWP look at the CAPITA report with different eyes. One piece of advice, when applying for the MR or Tribunal, do not use the phrase CAPITA lied. You can say you believe there are fundamental errors in the report, which present an incorrect picture of my medical conditions and how they impact upon my daily living. Good luck.
    Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP and ESA are different benefits, with different criteria. The only thing you can do for your PIP claim is to ask for the MR then Tribunal if that fails. Only 17% of decisions change at MR stage. When writing the MR request letter you should state what you disagree with, putting where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Avoid mentioning any lies that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those.

Any complaints about your assessment report should be sent to the health assessment providers. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • matthewwilliams1173
    This is not the first time I’ve had a refusal from a capita report this is third time now in a row the decisions always get overturned at mandatory reconsideration my argument is not a lot of what I put on pip review was discussed I’ve asked the decision maker to take my past reports and Esa assessment report in to consideration 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger

matthewwilliams1173 said:
    This is not the first time I’ve had a refusal from a capita report this is third time now in a row the decisions always get overturned at mandatory reconsideration my argument is not a lot of what I put on pip review was discussed I’ve asked the decision maker to take my past reports and Esa assessment report in to consideration 

I'm with you on this one. I too had 3 assessments - all of them offered 0 points. The first two were changed at MR stage to enhanced mobility & care
    The third kept it at 0 points. 
  • matthewwilliams1173
    Yadnad said:

matthewwilliams1173 said:

I'm with you on this one. I too had 3 assessments - all of them offered 0 points. The first two were changed at MR stage to enhanced mobility & care
    The third kept it at 0 points. 
    What annoyed me is one report said I suffer with psychological distress and the other said I don’t it’s so confusing as in 2016 it was proved I suffered with it and after MR
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger

What annoyed me is one report said I suffer with psychological distress and the other said I don’t it’s so confusing as in 2016 it was proved I suffered with it and after MR
    I'll go one step further. I have a benefit called Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit. In 2011 I had my last assessment carried out by a DWP doctor and was awarded it for life at the 40% rate. That award is entirely because of mental illness and brain damage.
    I have had DLA since 1995 at High Care & Mobility indefinitely, the care element entirely for mental health issues.

When they came to do the first face to face for PIP in 2013, the assessor found 14 reasons why I do not and never have had a mental health issue!!

Brilliant I was cured. However for my first and second MR (two years later) I had to force the DWP to read their own report from 2011. They also failed to look at the evidence from the last DLA review also in 2011.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.