Girlfriend just received large PIP payment before award letter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Girlfriend just received large PIP payment before award letter?

PIPnewbie
PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
As per my previous thread, it appears they have gone with the assessor’s report and awarded standard daily living.

Though it is hard to determine because the amount paid is not divisible by any combination of PIP rates, so I guess she must await the award letter coming tomorrow.

Anyway, if she appeals for mandatory reconsideration, do they take that money back?

Also, if she needs to go to tribunal, will the money be taken back and regular payment stopped if DWP sticks to standard daily living only?

Comments

• PIPnewbie
    Turns out it is divisible by the standard daily living amount if you break it down into days as well as weeks.

So what now?  If she appeals for MR will they not pay the next 4 weeks?

If they stick by their decision and it has to go to tribunal, will she still receive the 4 weekly payments?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    I answered this question on another thread of yours, yes she will still receive the payments for standard daily living when asking for MR or Tribunal. No she won't have to pay it back.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PIPnewbie
    Hi,
    I answered this question on another thread of yours, yes she will still receive the payments for standard daily living when asking for MR or Tribunal. No she won't have to pay it back.
    Thanks again Poppy.  Even if she loses MR, she won't have to pay this initial payment back?
  • poppy123456
    No.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • PIPnewbie
    Poppy it now appears her ESA has stopped.  She has not received her latest payment :neutral:
  • poppy123456
    This can happen with a new PIP award but it will re-start..Always remember they can't find you fit for work without a face to face assessment. Ask her to ring them when they open. There's nothing to worry about, i'm sure.
  • poppy123456
    She doesn't live alone does she?

• PIPnewbie
    This can happen with a new PIP award but it will re-start..Always remember they can't find you fit for work without a face to face assessment. Ask her to ring them when they open. There's nothing to worry about, i'm sure.
    Poppy you’re a star.  Thanks.

• poppy123456
    Not a problem :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.