Girlfriend awarded PIP but now ESA suddenly stopped? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Girlfriend awarded PIP but now ESA suddenly stopped?

PIPnewbie
PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
Just got off the phone to my gf frantic.  She checked her bank account during the early hours to find a backdate of PIP standard daily living 2 days ago, before she even received an award letter yet.

But she also noticed her ESA had not gone in and it usually does right after midnight, and there aren't even any pending transactions, so now she is panicking.

She's due to receive some letters from the DWP today.  Might they shed some light on it?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Call the DWP, who will be the best people to give an exclamation of your non or late payments, anybody replying to this post would be stabbing in the dark.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not unusual for ESA to stop after a PIP award... A fast payment can be done today, when she rings.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debs182
    debs182 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Thats strange, perhaps its because she may be entitled to the disability premium? So they're adjusting her claim? Im not sure how it works so like everyone else as said get her to call dwp as soon as they're open
    What was group is she in? 
  • PIPnewbie
    debs182 said:
    Thats strange, perhaps its because she may be entitled to the disability premium? So they're adjusting her claim? Im not sure how it works so like everyone else as said get her to call dwp as soon as they're open
    What was group is she in? 
    Thanks everyone.

she is asleep now but I will advise her what everyone said in this thread when she wakes
  • poppy123456
    The only premium that would be payable here is the Enhanced disability premium, if she's in the Support Group for ESA, otherwise she isn't eligible. Severe disability premium you need to live alone or be classed as living alone and it's not automatically awarded.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • PIPnewbie
    The only premium that would be payable here is the Enhanced disability premium, if she's in the Support Group for ESA, otherwise she isn't eligible. Severe disability premium you need to live alone or be classed as living alone and it's not automatically awarded.
    I’m not sure what ESA she gets but I know her weekly is £127.15 I believe.
  • poppy123456
    That's Support Group, Income Related amount.
  • debs182
    debs182 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Yep like poppy said that's the support group, hopefully she'll get some answers when she calls, good luck and keep us updated ?
  • Debbie1234
    Debbie1234 Community member Posts: 183 Courageous
    Hi ?
    just reading your post. Exactly the same has happened to me. I got back pay pip today but no esa ? I usually get fortnightly. I have had no letters either.
    could you shed light please Poppy. I am so utterly devastated, every time I see light at the end of the tunnel it goes black again. I am so fed up. They give in one hand and take in another. I am married and I receive £335.30 I have money taken out for water on the big difference scheme
  • poppy123456
    Hi ?
    just reading your post. Exactly the same has happened to me. I got back pay pip today but no esa ? I usually get fortnightly. I have had no letters either.
    could you shed light please Poppy. I am so utterly devastated, every time I see light at the end of the tunnel it goes black again. I am so fed up. They give in one hand and take in another. I am married and I receive £335.30 I have money taken out for water on the big difference scheme

I did answer your question on your other thread, which is here. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/73335/esa-suddenly-stopped#latest

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.