Were my PIP and ESA linked? Northern Ireland — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Were my PIP and ESA linked? Northern Ireland

Options
mysterio
mysterio Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Looking help for Northern Ireland 
recently won my pip case but just as that’s over my esa has been cut by around £35 a week is the pip and esa linked? 
I tried ringing them, they told me first of all my name was not even on there system (two days ago) and to ring back today so I rang back today and had a conversation that I have no idea what was said they asked me if I went to esa meeting or if I received any letters from esa which I have not otherwise I would of been prepared, anyone else have similar issues and wht was the issue 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mysterio welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear what has happened. Some members of the community have had a similar experience and I'm sure they will be more than happy to get in contact with you to offer advice.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • mysterio
    Options
    Well yeah who has and where can I speak with them as this will do my head in all night thanks 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We do have some members who are night-owls however majority are about during the day.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Options
    I can't answer questions as I am not from the UK, but I wanted to give you a Welcome. This is a wonderful, supportive community. Hope to hear more from you.
  • mysterio
    Options
    Thanks, can anyone help me with this at all? 
  • mysterio
    Options
    Thanks, can anyone help me with this at all? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You say you're ESA is now £35 per week less than what it was before you won your PIP appeal, is this right? I really can't think of any reasons why your ESA would be cut by this amount per week.

What PIP award do you have and what group are you in for ESA? Is your ESA a single claim or do you claim with a partner as a couple?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mysterio
    Options
    Hi hello and thanks,I ment £30 a fortnight not per week but it is still a lot of money I won’t be receiving I believe I was put in to the work related group which paid the extra 14.53 and since I won my tribunal case of the pip in the daily living part I was already awarded the mobility but since then it seems as if my esa has went tits up, I’m told by different people they are related then other people tell me they aren’t connected at all and when I speak with the esa team it’s like they don’t know what they are talking about them selfs 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It seems like you were claiming the Enhanced disability premium on top of your ESA. If you're in the WRAG you need Enhanced daily living or DLA high rate care to qualify for this. Those in the Support Group on Income Related ESA are automatically awarded it. This premium is £16.40 per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The disability premiums are explained here in this link.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.