Prognosis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Prognosis

Options
cracker
cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
I saw orthopedist last week and just got the results. The report begins with "This is a very ill female" and goes on to say that the deterioration of bone in shoulder is getting worse and expected to continue.

Not what I wanted to hear - there will be less ability to function and more pain. 

I am somewhat in shock and quite frightened. I do not mind dying. I do mind becoming so disabled or demented that I cannot care for myself. Already, it is difficult to get dressed because of the RA in the shoulders and hands. 

Thank you all for being there.

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Been there. Its awful news. It will take time to sink in.
    Ha e you any family or friends that will hslp you?

Keeping warm is impotant.
    Have a look round the internet for stuff thats going ti help you wjth day to day things.

Lloyds chemist do a book of aids. Bug hugs
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am so sorry @cracker :( 

As @Misscleo said, it will take time to adjust. We may be thousands of miles apart but we will always be here for you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank ;you both. I found a friend who knows how to adjust the thermostat (the landlord set it very low), so I will be nice and warm. The Vermont weather is now chilly and raining most of the time. I love the outdoors. From now until May, though, I can't do out much.
    I don't want to go out in public right now anyway: the spasms bend me over double and people are very alarmed.

So god to have your responses. We inhabit lonely places.

Brightness